Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a SeeSnake System

SOoooo,

Today I borrowed a fellow PHCC members SeeSnake and I was impressed w/ it's overall performance and ease of use. The weight of the
    monitor assembly ( w/ VHS ) was a bit much and I was skeptical of the
    interconnect cables durability as soon as I saw how, for lake of a better word, "Cheesy" it was, being 33 feet long and all. (It really needs another 40 mils at least of outer protective coating, in my book) .
    So as the day progressed guess what? My helper decided to drag
    a manhole cover over the INTERCONNECT CABLE that is 33' long and it and dam near severed it. True is was a man made mistake and the lid was heavy but it is really skinny to start with. SO my apprehension was realized on the very first day I ever use this SeeSnake.
    SO I bite the bullet and come home and go online looking for an exploded view and or parts list w/ pictures for the SeeSnake Plus reel and guess what, IT IS NOT TO BE FOUND. So I call the Los Angeles repair facility and I was helped by a great guy and guess what, HE HAD A HELL of a time finding this 33' interconnect cable as well and it was not even in stock and I am looking at a 1.5 weel delivery on it. The Parts guy I spoke to was very imapthetic to my delima and he was AWSOME, I ***** NOT about him nor the company he works for. I ***** about not being able to QUICKLY look at an EXPLODED VIEW at LEAST ONLINE of Ridgid SeeSnake Products and identifying the EXACT part I NEEDED, so "I" could CALL A SERVICE DEPT. and give them a part number INSTEAD of asking them to look it up which is always, way to time consuming, for a plumbing contractor whom NEEDS HIS EQUIPMENT NOW, TODAY and not next week plus+ when a part arrives. I shudder to think what and where I would be right now if "BILL" had not helped me for he was a star.
    I own a Sreco unit and have for 6-7 years. I am considering SeeSnake but honestly, if I have to FIGHT to find part numbers and wait 1.5 weeks to get parts I am seriously considering "Re-Considering" buying the SeeSnake product.
    If I owned Ridgid, "I" might consider calling the author of ths thread and telling said things are going to change and or tell me where I went wrong hunting for hours for a 33' Interconnect Cable and omg,
    .................................................. ...was the part OLD OR NEW STYLE?

Regards,
    Brad Davis
    Artisan Plumbing Systems (cover of Reeves journal 7-02)
    626-359-2288 (Afternoons Pacific Time best)

>>>>ERRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.......>>>

Re: Using a SeeSnake System

Wow, a 'published' angry customer of the RIDGID parts system, this is a first, all the others have just been angry, they weren't on the cover of PQ (Plumbers Quarterly). You should really get a tear sheet and include it in your tagline.

OK, I am done being cynical, now to your Q:

It certainly would be nice if the exploded parts diagrams were available online, I have asked the same Q a couple times in the past as have others.

As far as your chances of hearing from someone at RIDGID, it is not likely they will hear you here on this forum unless Josh or one of the Moderators happens across your post and forward it to someone in CS via email. As time consuming as it might be, you're more likely to get a favorable response by calling the CS number.

To be clear I'm not a RIDGID employee or have any connection with running this forum, so don't blame my cynicism on RIDGID. This is just what I have seen from being on the board for a couple years, and that is it is rare that there is a company response to a compliant or cry for help when it is made here on the forum. If someone at RIDGID does see them and respond off the forum I would of course not know. But only one person that I can remember in 3.5 years has done that.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

brad, a simple call to ridgid would have give you the part # in a heartbeat.

i personally own 6 seesnakes and a few other models.
      considering i'm the only one to use my equipment, i have never broken anything on them. sure i have worn out a transmitter that was replaced for free and a camera head that got water inside also free.

i can assure you that your concerns are either with the user or just a concern with no merit. the smaller mini seesnake comes with a 10' inner connect cord. only a few times have i ever used all 33' on cord. typically just 5' to the briefcase monitor.

future reference

the 33' innerconnect cord is part#64627 new style

33' old style #70907

the 10' cord is part#67307

now that didn't take but 1 minute to find it

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

try this link:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/SeeSnake-Plus/EN/index.htm

earthquake has me up since 12:50 am. sometimes a night owl

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Davis View Post
          I own a Sreco unit and have for 6-7 years.

Regards,
          Brad Davis
          Artisan Plumbing Systems (cover of Reeves journal 7-02)
          626-359-2288 (Afternoons Pacific Time best)

>>>>ERRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr.......>>>
          brad you will find if you post a decent question, most of us will find the answer pretty easily.

it blows me away how much research the members have here and are willing to post your answers.

by the way. when i looked into a sreco locator, the factory in marina del rey, ca. didn't even have batteries to demo the unit. i'm not talking anything special, i'm talking aa batteries. this was not a reseller, it was the sreco factory.

glad they didn't have batteries, the ridgid cameras and locators are the best, period.

rick.

welcome to the forum,

p.s. i've spoken to you in the past at trade shows
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            This is just what I have seen from being on the board for a couple years, and that is it is rare that there is a company response to a compliant or cry for help when it is made here on the forum. If someone at RIDGID does see them and respond off the forum I would of course not know. But only one person that I can remember in 3.5 years has done that.
            More than you'd know Bob However calling customer service is the best way to get customer service involved. I do know of probably 5 or 6 coworkers who are on here almost every day readin posts and we do help out people with problems. I dont intend or want this to ever become an Online Customer Service tool (dont want to take away from the community of professionals) but I do try to keep everyone happy. The cool part is that other members end up taking care of problems before we even have a chance to respond. (Thanks Rick) If your just trying to point out that calling in is the best route then I fully agree.

Later,

Josh
            Last edited by Josh; 08-09-2007, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              As far as your chances of hearing from someone at RIDGID, it is not likely they will hear you here on this forum unless Josh or one of the Moderators happens across your post and forward it to someone in CS via email. As time consuming as it might be, you're more likely to get a favorable response by calling the CS number.

... This is just what I have seen from being on the board for a couple years, and that is it is rare that there is a company response to a compliant or cry for help when it is made here on the forum. If someone at RIDGID does see them and respond off the forum I would of course not know. But only one person that I can remember in 3.5 years has done that.
              We are not perfect, but your cynicism is a bit misplaced. I can not speak for each category, but I monitor every camera and locator posting. I am the person directly responsible for decisions made on these products. If there are issues, I wait to see what the community response is so that I can get a better understanding of how issues are being resolved and the severity of the issues. I have posted responses, called and emailed end users and have directed postings to the appropriate people to resolve since the day this forum started and will continue to do so.

Normally, I would not have replied to this thread because the community has already responded showing that the part is indeed on the website and dragging a manhole over ANY cord will cause it to abrade. But I take great pride in the thought and craftsmanship that goes into designing and developing these cameras. I also take great pride in knowing that Ridge does the best in utilizing all avenues to try to serve their customers' concerns, to find out what issues they are having and to try to implement answers. Sometimes the execution is just not as thorough or as fast as any of us would like.

As for the length of the inner connect cord, that comes with a lot of market research and customer feedback. The cord stores nicely on the reel for when only a little bit is needed, and can be extended for those extreme cases when a longer cord is needed. The reason why there is an old and a new inner connect catalog number is that we continually strive to improve our equipment. Observed wear points on the new (now 2 or 3 years old) cord are over molded to reduce stress and strain. The old style cord is no longer available. If only a 10' cord is desired, all of our equipment is interchangeable. The 10' cord will work fine on a standard system.

As always, I look forward to the postings on this site. The knowledge base and the growth of this community is amazing.

Kudo's to Josh for all of his efforts to make this a true forum of ideas.
              Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

May I ask why you had your cable stretched out all the way? I usually only use 3-4 feet of my cable...

Comment

Originally posted by ccouch View Post
                  May I ask why you had your cable stretched out all the way? I usually only use 3-4 feet of my cable...
                  Sure, you can ask. I have "someone" push the cable whilst I concentrate
                  on the images and dealing w/ the suits. You see I had 2 enviromental big wigs AND a toxic clean up contractor on my arse all day long. It is basically a mile or so square piece of property that has a "history" so to speak, from what I have read. The entire place is being demo'ed making ready for the asian investors whom are buying this part of the world up in a land grab never before seen.

SO, I choose to take the shady side of the truck!

and... other entrance points during the day were 200' from power and the extra 33' was AWSOME. Haveing delt w/ Sreco 5'er for years I was STOKED at the 33' long interconnect cable.

additionally, "I" seem to find ways of doing things when others throw their hands up in the air, necissity is the mother of invention ya know...

Comment

TRUST me when I tell you I TRIED to call but California time is not the same time zone as other places AND I got fed up w/ "Press "1" if you want this in english, Press"2" if you are sitting down, press "3" if you are calling about a tool w/ or without a cord on it, whereas if I had JUST HAD A SILLY PARTS EXPLOSION to reference from the start, I mean another icon like the OWNERS MANUAL, WHERE TO BUY, SERVICE CENTERS, and PRINT THIS PAGE icons that are at the top of most the tools on the Ridgid site, for instance here . How about a PARTS MANUAL <<<<< Icon? Our keyboards already have a Control P option, loose the PRINT THIS PAGE ICON and add a PARTS EXPLOSION and no pixels will be hurt in the process thus prompting another debate on pixel abuse and those whom are the perps!

Comment

I have experienced a slight problem with the interconnect cable. trying to get info to make the repair has been difficult at best. My camera is approx 9 years old and my monitor was replaced about 2 years ago. I have a camera with 200 ft of push cable I measured the interconnect cable that Im trying to replace, it measured 25ft. how can i tell if its the old style or new style cable. The end that goes into the monitor pushes on and then has a plastic nut that screws on and secures the plug. the other end that attaches to the drum is a rubber cone shaped fitting that is in 2 halves but doesnt seem to come apart i dont want to force it. What cable do I need and what has to be done to replace it? I called tech support at ridgid and they were uncertain and I spoke to a service repair they said all bolts and fitting would have to be removed insid and outside of the drum. They said the fitting by the drum can not come apart, the opposite of what ridgid is telling me. Any answers?

Comment

Is it possible to take a photo and post of theis cone shaped end? I think that would help make a decision. With your cables having different ends and a 25 foot length, it may be possible that it was repaired at one time? That would explain different ends and shorter lengths. I know that at one time the cables just pushed in, then they added the locking nut. Try a photo, it may help us
                        Last edited by silverbullet; 10-31-2007, 11:37 PM. Reason: adds

Comment

A photo would help so that we knew exactly what you were talking about. However, if your problem is only the interconnect cord, either catalog number 64627 (33' cable, typically ships with the standard system) or catalog number 67307 (10' cable, typically ships with the mini system) will solve your problem. We have redesigned the innerconnect cords over the years, but the plugs have always remained the same. If you have a standard or mini system, than either of these cords will work for you. (I am assuming that your system is a standard or mini based on the 9 year age you indicated).
                          Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

Working...
                          X