Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Ringy Dingys

i'm now 2 for 2 in the ring department

today i had a new customer call me stating she dropped her wedding band down the shower. i figured no problem as the ring would still be in the trap and i would use a wet dry vac. to suck it out. well after i sucked and opened the vac, there was no ring so i got out my micro seesnake to take a good look.

after positioning the camera head into the proper position for the 2'' trap, i found it. now the fun part of getting it out.

i tried to use the hook camera retriever to hook it. no luck as it was just moving it deeper into the trap. i tried a 7/8'' hose attached to the vac and soaped up to slide into the trap deeper to catch it with the suction, no luck. i then resorted to my 24'' claw pick up tool i went in there blind with no camera and believe it or not, i got it in my first attempt

i was even more surprised than the customer and their kids.

the customer was thrilled to have it back.

this ring was only worth maybe $300. or so. i fixed 3 toilets while i was there too and when it came time to bill her, she gave me an extra $50. on the check. she was happy and i was amazed at her generosity.

the last ring i got out 3 months ago was worth 30-40 thousand. not even an offer of a tip.

plus this one i made 2 more little helpers

rick.

picture #2 with micro shows ring at bottom right hand corner. need that flash memory card for the micro, josh.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 08-26-2007, 02:00 AM. Reason: pictures
    phoebe it is

Re: 2 Ringy Dingys

Rick, you must have an awful nice wife to buy that micro for you so that locating this ring was even possible for you
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Rick, you must have an awful nice wife to buy that micro for you so that locating this ring was even possible for you
      joey, you must have an awful nice husband that buys you a ring that would never fit down the drain in the first place it's so big

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Yep!

OR. . .

when it did fall down, I was smart enough and capable enough to turn off the water, empty the cabinet,take the u-trap off, get my ring, put the trap back, re-load the cabinet and have dinner on the table without him ever knowing

you decide
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

i just checked the sink trap, and there are no recent jaw marks on it.

and i know that you would never crawl under the house to remove the shower trap.

so my decision was that you left and brought in take out food

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Does 3 years count as recent?
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

i know you're teasing. you couldn't have removed the trap. it's too tight for you. now maybe you used that barbed drain stick

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Geez get a room guys you talk like you're married.

I think we need to change Rick's handle to "Lord of the Rings".

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

No kidding on both.....
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

LOL

It was late and we were the only ones on. . . .and you know Rick always needs to have the last word
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      I think we need to change Rick's handle to "Lord of the Rings".

Mark
                      "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!".............Gollum

Comment

Great pics Rick...good job getting that out...I love successfull retrievals...its like a personal high for me

Greg
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I've found rings and other jewelry over the years. You know the old saying "finders keepers".

Comment

hay rick is that tool one oh those things you push on the end and it has 3 little fingers to grab things on the end . if so maybe you can tape it to the micro and have the end out in front of the end of the micro ,that way you can see and grab it . do you think it will work
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                              hay rick is that tool one oh those things you push on the end and it has 3 little fingers to grab things on the end . if so maybe you can tape it to the micro and have the end out in front of the end of the micro ,that way you can see and grab it . do you think it will work
                              yes it is, but 4 fingers.

good idea with attaching it to the camera head

i went in the first time blind and pulled out the ring.

need to find a grabber with a more flexible lead. the one i have has a 2'' solid leader. i just got lucky

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X