X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slip ring problem

I own a kd325 seasnake that is 14 months old and has picture quality problems while rotating drum. Service Agent thinks it is a slip ring problem........How common is this problem, how long should a slip ring last?
    Last edited by pipelineimaging; 09-07-2007, 03:59 AM.

Re: slip ring problem

i've never worn out a slip ring.

does the picture jump around when rotating the drum, and not moving the camera down line? is the drum tension knob too loose?

i was under the impression that the slip rings were tested to 1 million rotations

you need me to bring you a back up camera to australia how's the weather there i need a vacation.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

Weather is good thanks start of summer. Yes you are right if you feed the camera out of the drum you get a lot interference if you pull out the cable first then run it down the drain with out rotating the drum it is ok. I think that they will most likely replace the part under warranty..... I take it from your experience that the slip rings normally last longer than a year or two. Do you give your camera wash now and then is the drum not to get wet ??
      My concern is that i have looked after my gear and it is playing up is there any tips to looking after your gear

Pipeline Imaging
      Steve

Comment

Steve,

You missed the most important part of Rick's thread. . .we can bring you one to use in the meantime

Weather prevented us from choosing to go to Australia for our honeymoon.

Joey
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          Steve,

You missed the most important part of Rick's thread. . .we can bring you one to use in the meantime

Whether prevented us from choosing to go to Australia for our honeymoon.

Joey
          Whether Rick wanted to go?
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

No seriously, weather. We got married the end of April and it is the start of rainy season there.

Rick wanted to go to along with New Zealand. It just didn't work out.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
            X