X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $800 to fix leak in camera???

I sent my Gen Eye camera head out for repair as it has been fogging up (inside lens). I think the moisture is getting in through the lens cover. The repair shop said $800 to repair it. $800 seems kind of high but I've never sent a camera out for repair so I'm not sure. Does $800 sound about right?

THIS IS WHY I LOVE SMALL TOWNS
    After I sent out the head I needed a camera so I put my old black/white head on and got nothing. After further investigation I found a corroded/broken wire in the plug so this too now needs to be sent out and I have no camera. So I called my town water/sewer dept to see if I could borrow theirs. He said "yep, no problem". When I got to the shop it was empty. I ended up meeting him on site thinking he had the camera with him. Nope, he hands me the keys and says "leave 'em on the shelf and lock up when your done".
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: $800 to fix leak in camera???

That's the small town trust that is slowly leaving America. It's good to know it still exists.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gene,

Perfect timing to switch to a SeeSnake?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Gene,

Perfect timing to switch to a SeeSnake?

Mark
        Yeah, thats what I'm thinking. I just wish I had the $$$ for a new one. Another good thing about my town is they give loans to small business'. I'll be talking to them this week.
        I like my Gen eye, she's served me well but at 5years old shes starting to show her age and I can only find parts from one guy and I'm not sure about him yet.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

what is the life span of the see snake

and will some thing like this happen to the see snake
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why do you have to make all your posts so annoying ,if it is not a color then its in in big writing or you wright a book .
            try not to show off its not working and no one is impressed
            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Hawk, you gave me some serious deja vu I didn't think I read this thread yet, however; I knew I read your post.

Still laughing,
              Joey
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I don't think sylvan was trying to impress anyone with that particular post.

I don't mind the big or colorful text as it is easier to read. That was one of Sylvan's most benign post so I think that you are really in need of a nap.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                  I don't think sylvan was trying to impress anyone with that particular post.

I don't mind the big or colorful text as it is easier to read. That was one of Sylvan's most benign post so I think that you are really in need of a nap.
                  Nope,the abrasion has already done too much damage and is irritable to disturbance.If it is going to heal it needs to be left undisturbed.

For me time has told a great many truths,Sylvan is more than welcome.Love to have a humble hard working man join us.
                  Last edited by drtyhands; 09-08-2007, 10:21 PM.

Comment

gene, i would think for $800.00 they would swap out the camera for a rebuilt unit. i know the couple of times i had an issue, they just swapped them and i got a rebuilt one in return. of course i was referring to ridgid, not general.

rick.

got to love your small city. great story.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

I sent one of my SeeSnakes in a few weeks ago because, like an idiot, I used it to do a favor (no charge for the camera) for a good customer by putting it through her dryer vent to find (showing off) a bird nest that wouldn't blow out or vacuum out. When pulling it back, the cable got cut half-way through by a piece of sheet metal. I thought the repair would be relatively inexpensive, but to my surprise, it was just less than $400.00 and now my cable is about four feet shorter. I'm not happy, but it goes to show that it's just not worth doing stuff for free. Especially when such an expensive piece of equipment is involved.

I would think that for $387.00, I should at least have gotten a new cable.

In case you're wondering, the camera went to Ridgid and not to some generic repair shop.

Comment

Any one hear of a pan/tilt push camera yet?
                        I still find it hard to believe that it's almost 2008 and nobody makes them yet.
                        Wohler claims to be coming out with a waterproof one but after the last run around I had with them I dont think I'll ever do business with them again.
                        I think a pan/tilt would be very useful. What do you guys think?

Comment

pan and tilt cameras are very common on main line cameras and crawlers. typically in the 6'' and larger inspection field.

i find that with the field of view for small pipe inspection 4'' and smaller, a pan and tilt is not something that is required.

now a digital zoom would be interesting.

a motorized crawler for small pipe, 3''-4'' would be real nice too.

rick.

bruce,your push rod repair required re-termination. a new 200' cable is pricey. for dryer vents i use an older retired camera
                          Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-09-2007, 11:16 AM. Reason: additition
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by varrybarry
                            I have a SeeSnake and it works wonders. I can't remember if my is 3 or 4 years old, but it's still going. Good luck with your loan and your new purchase.
                            Didn't the SeeSnake just come out this year?

Or is there another brand out there calling them self SeeSnake?
                            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

The "micro" just came out. There are bigger ones around.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X