X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sondes

Is there a 815hz sonde for the seesnake?

If so, (now for the really big question) Is there one in stock
    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Re: Sondes

Nope only 512hz I believe.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
      Is there a 815hz sonde for the seesnake?

If so, (now for the really big question) Is there one in stock
      drain medic/greg just bought a protek for his jetter to locate a deeper line. not sure if it was 512 or 815. the 815 is for steel pipe / ductil iron.

greg said it worked great for his deep find.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        drain medic/greg just bought a protek for his jetter to locate a deeper line. not sure if it was 512 or 815. the 815 is for steel pipe / ductil iron.

greg said it worked great for his deep find.

rick.

I got the FV-20 512HZ Sonde from Prototek

20/30Ft Range Cast Iron/ Non-Metallic

Located main sewer line that was 300Ft long, 8in. diameter, and very very deep....Tried using the seesnake, but it was just too deep, with to many bends and drops. Got the Sonde, taped it to the water jetter, used the Warthog nozzle to propel as far as i could, and it worked like a charm...was able to locate for quite some footage....Thanks, Rick

Greg
        Last edited by Drain Medic; 09-17-2007, 07:44 AM.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

That's what I`m wanting to do is locate a 4" X 800` long PVC line that`s deep. I use a rycon locator and it`s on 82hz and 815hz. When I hooked it to my 7500 I picked up a bunch of phone and gas lines. I want a sonde to put on my jetter so I can pinpoint the sewer before we start to dig. I`m working in that town that got wiped out by the F-5 Tornado. I`m doing a jetter job for the city and I need to install a few clean outs as this line never got any when they did the install. Small town plumbing, ya just gotta love it....rotflmao

Comment

Your Rycom locator should have a 512 Hz frequency they use to locate Sondes. It should locate the sonde behind our camera head. That is the most common frequency.

However, if you are trying to locate lines that are greater than 20 feet deep, you will probably need to purchase a special deep sonde. Prototek and Radiodetection sell them. They go for around $2,000. Our locators can locate them beautifully.

Your other option would be to purchase one of our SeekTech receivers (SR-20). It will cost you slightly more than one of these sondes, but it has a signal focus feature on it. It will take too long to describe in this posting, but it is described in the manual. This feature will slow down the locator and allow it to focus better on weak signals. It should extend the range of the 512 Hz transmitter behind out camera to over 25 feet in plastic pipe.

If you are locating in steel piping, your only option is a 16 Hz sonde and that will only give you a distance of around 10 feet.
            Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

The rycon`s I use are the
              8870 transmitter
              and the
              8875 receiver.

I`v been called out by a few plumbers that use your locators. I can locate faster and most of the time pinpoint the lines with my Rycon. Thats the only reason I haven't bought one of the Ridgid locators. I seem to have better luck pinpointing then they do. I run on 815hz most of the time and have had good luck pinpointing and the depth has always been with-in an inch or two.
              I can get a sonde for 815hz from Rycon but I just wanted one on my seesnake with-out taping it on.

Comment

all clear, why not utilize the 512hz. from the camera and use your locator on 512 to find that.

with the advance of electronics in locating. there should be no reason that the ridgid would be off.

i go back to the analog days where i had to locate an x y line. this involved 4 points and then a math formula to determine depth. even this was dead on, but time consuming and if you didn't get 4 marks, you were guessing.

the raycom is the same/identical as my older ridgid locator and i know it was accurate. i used it for years and as a back up to test my scout. now i'm working with my seektech

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick
                  My locator is only set up to do 82hz and 815hz or both at the same time. I`m always dead on using 815hz.
                  I ordered a sonde today, I`ll just have to tape it to my jetter or my camera.

I still have an old analog Tracker 501 that I like to use every once in a while
                  I keep thinking about putting it on E Bay but I like to use it sometimes

Here's a cool video for someone that wants to know how locating works
                  http://www.rycominstruments.com/imag...asics_256k.wmv
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 09-17-2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

We use to sell the Rycom locators. I like 'em. They are nice simple units, and in the hands of a person who does a lot of locating will mostly serve your needs. However, if you ever have to locate underneath power lines or in a hospital, you will quickly run into frustrations while trying to locate your sonde. And if you do not use it all the time, false peaks, gain and nulls can confuse when trying to locate a sonde.

As for line tracing, again, a nice simple unit, but there are a lot of steps that you need to do between the triangulation, gain, push button depth, peak locating and null locating to know if you have a distorted signal. A lot of steps that usually are not followed. A lot of steps that if not followed can lead to a mishap. Common Ground Alliance estimates that there are around 675,000 utilities hit each year... Quite a large number.

RIDGID locating tries to provide more information that is simpler to use and in an easier to understand format to allow for more accurate locates.

The video link referenced above is a nice video. I could critique some of the statements made, but I am sure they could do the same for my videos. There are a few things I would have liked to see them expand on, but to do so would show the difficulties of locating Sondes with old style locators and how distorted signals can make line tracing with old style locators also difficult.

Because training is so important, we include a video operators manual on locating on our web, and we include training packets with all new locators. These packets are in a PDF file and have embedded video to help people better understand how to use our equipment and how to better locate in general. These packets cover such topics as grounding, induction, and other key needs of a person needing to trace a line.

The video operators manual can be found at: http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/SeekTech...2/EN/index.htm
                    Mark F. Fleming<br />Product Manager<br />RIDGID/Kollmann

Comment

Mark
                      Those are some good user videos but they are more on the tool and not locating it`s self or how locating works. I find it best to explain how something works first, then how to use the tool second.

I`v never tried a Ridgid locator and I`m sure my area rep would have some excuse for not bringing one to town. Like I said before, I`v have been called out to locate for plumbers that do have em but I know it`s most likely that they don't know how to use the tool they own. I can locate just as good with my little 501 Tracker as I can my big Rycon but my Rycon is much faster and most of the time more truer to a locate and I don't have to figure the depth.

I`m sure some day I`ll try a Seek Tech but right now I`m stuck with what I have in the trailer as no one stocks much and the rep doesn't seem to want to take much of my money.

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
                        Mark
                        Those are some good user videos but they are more on the tool and not locating it`s self or how locating works. I find it best to explain how something works first, then how to use the tool second.

I`v never tried a Ridgid locator and I`m sure my area rep would have some excuse for not bringing one to town. Like I said before, I`v have been called out to locate for plumbers that do have em but I know it`s most likely that they don't know how to use the tool they own. I can locate just as good with my little 501 Tracker as I can my big Rycon but my Rycon is much faster and most of the time more truer to a locate and I don't have to figure the depth.

I`m sure some day I`ll try a Seek Tech but right now I`m stuck with what I have in the trailer as no one stocks much and the rep doesn't seem to want to take much of my money.
                        Boy now I'm confused. The NaviTrack is so easy to use anyone should be able to figure it out right out of the box. I've been doing locating for 27-years and own Goldak, Metrotech, Radio Detection, Rycon and NaviTrack and the only one I will use anymore is the NaviTrack.

As for figuring out depth I'm not sure how much easier the NaviTrack can be as all you do is look at the number on the screen. I'm sure if you ever get the chance to demo a NaviTrack you will use nothing else.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Boy now I'm confused. The NaviTrack is so easy to use anyone should be able to figure it out right out of the box. I've been doing locating for 27-years and own Goldak, Metrotech, Radio Detection, Rycon and NaviTrack and the only one I will use anymore is the NaviTrack.

As for figuring out depth I'm not sure how much easier the NaviTrack can be as all you do is look at the number on the screen. I'm sure if you ever get the chance to demo a NaviTrack you will use nothing else.

Mark
                          i had an easy one today. the abs pipe was collapsed and the line was 7'10'' deep that's with my scout.

2' further downstream was a 4'' clean out. i dropped my tape measure down it and got the same reading plus the above ground riser distance.

so i guess my tape was faster and just as accurate as my camera and scout

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Well I taped my new 815hz Rycon sonde to my seesnake and bang , Dead on locate!
                            Wish Ridgid had a 815hz sonde that fit the seesnake.

Speaking of seesnake, Gotta go do an inspection I forgot today.... rotflmao
                            later

Comment

Working...
                            X