X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micro cg-100 Gas Sniffer

New product made by Ridgid ,seen it in a Ferguson flyer.3 different alert settings for methane gas leaks and a 16" sniffer hose.I"ve got one on order in OKC Ferguson[be about 2 weeks before they're in]. Has anyone had a chance to use this yet.Wondering how they compare to a TIF sniffer.These aren't cheap,$249.00 before taxes,but I"m sure it will be well worth it.I've looked in the Ridgid new products on the forum and couldn't find it.Any leads moderators?

Re: micro cg-100 Gas Sniffer

confirmed it is on its way out. haven't been given the go to post the product. Ill talk to the product manager about it next week and see if I can post it.

Josh

Comment

is this a combustible gas sniffer?

does it monitor air quality in confined space?

if, it's just a gas sniffer like the tif, a $1. bottle of soap goes a long way.

more info please

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Hey Rick, it locates methane and most other combustible gases. It has a 16" flexible wand,three different alerts,LED lighting/visible signal,audible alarm,or silent alarm/vibrate and also signal sensitivity adjustment to help pinpoint the leak.Bubbles are the ticket for exposed pipes but I don't use dish soap.They can on occasion miss a slight leak.I stick to the flouresent type leak tech,.My purpose for this tool is for underground readings.Probe holes and sniff to isolate bad areas. I have used sniffers for this purpose in the past and it works well for me.I'm surprised you didn"t already hear about this tool,you're slacking!

Comment

I'm in the market for a new sniffer.

Didn't know Ridgid made one.

I'd like to see some specs.

If it's just like my TIF 8800; not interested

Comment

It's probably similar,you know, the Cadillac version. What don"t you like about the 8800?I looked at that also.

Comment

I had that gas leak at my folks house earlier this year. Did the soap test at least 6 times on the fitting that was leaking. It took a sniffer to find the leak, soap trick did not work, nope. But I think that was my first time ever that a soap trick didn't work out of many, many times.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by apf View Post
                Hey Rick, it locates methane and most other combustible gases. It has a 16" flexible wand,three different alerts,LED lighting/visible signal,audible alarm,or silent alarm/vibrate and also signal sensitivity adjustment to help pinpoint the leak.Bubbles are the ticket for exposed pipes but I don't use dish soap.They can on occasion miss a slight leak.I stick to the flouresent type leak tech,.My purpose for this tool is for underground readings.Probe holes and sniff to isolate bad areas. I have used sniffers for this purpose in the past and it works well for me.I'm surprised you didn"t already hear about this tool,you're slacking!

actually i wasn't aware of this new tool.

but i do have 2 tif sniffers

soap is the ticket, you just need the right mix

a sniffer in a closed wall is good, but an exposed pipe, soap is the way to go.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Ill get some info up monday if I can remember first thing.

Josh

Comment

I'm going to scan the page from the Ferguson sales brochure and post it as soon as my guy at Fergusons faxes it over.

Bruce

Comment

Here's the information from the Ferguson sales brochure. Not the best quality, but at least it's something.

Bruce
                      Attached Files

Comment

I had a gas meter at work that was leaking on the gas co. side of the meter. When the guy came out WITH his sniffer he insisted it was on our side of the meter.

Stubborn and certain I was right, I grabbed a spray bottle with soap, sprayed all the joints and proved it was on HIS side.

This poor guy never saw/heard of the soap test before and was so impressed he called his supervisor on speaker phone to tell him what this girl just taught him His supervisor couldn't stop laughing at him

The super-secret plumber's wife soap Summer mix recipe is about 50% soap and 50% water with room in the bottle to shake it up. For my Winter mix recipe I first have to check my R/H and outside air temperature to achieve the proper super-secret plumber's wife soap mix consistency. So far it has never failed me
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          I had a gas meter at work that was leaking on the gas co. side of the meter. When the guy came out WITH his sniffer he insisted it was on our side of the meter.

Stubborn and certain I was right, I grabbed a spray bottle with soap, sprayed all the joints and proved it was on HIS side.

This poor guy never saw/heard of the soap test before and was so impressed he called his supervisor on speaker phone to tell him what this girl just taught him His supervisor couldn't stop laughing at him

The super-secret plumber's wife soap Summer mix recipe is about 50% soap and 50% water with room in the bottle to shake it up. For my Winter mix recipe I first have to check my R/H and outside air temperature to achieve the proper super-secret plumber's wife soap mix consistency. So far it has never failed me
                          I spent thousands and thousands on sniffers of all kinds and they still can't beat the lowly soap bubbles.

Comment

Here ya go. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Micro-CG100-Gas-Sniffer

Comment

i like the specs that it uses replaceable batteries over rechargeable and the led light on the end of the probe.

now how about incorporating the micro with a sniffer sort of like show and tell

when is it actually for sale and stocked?

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X