X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blade set in main line

is it possible for a blade set to come off of a snake and get stuck in the main line? i had my line cleared back in june and after having our sewer back up four times in the last four months, i finally had another plumber video the line which clearly showed the blade set. original plumber denies any fault. says it's impossible because the rotation of the snake tightens the blade making it impossible for it to come off.

Re: blade set in main line

Hasn't that just been proven? Mine is in place with a set screw. I smell
    blue smoke
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

yes
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yes, you can lose a blade down the line, if you run a certain type of cable and the machine is rotating on the wrong direction, it will unscrew the blade.

I run sparten cables and have never had that problem before, I can run my machine in both directions and it doesn't unscrew.

Did the last plumber get stuck in the line? Maybe he was trying to get the cable out and ran his machine in the wrong direction, or he just forgot to tighten it down before he went in
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

blades can break off and certain type of blade holder do screw on. running in reverse will cause them to unscrew.

are the blades wedged in the line, or are they able to be pushed or pulled?

so the plumber does use blades that screw onto the cable end, according to his quote. sounds like you have a case against him. now you just need to prove it in small claims court.

the video tape should help your case along with any old bills prior to june showing nothing was out of the ordinary. did the same company do the 4 other cleanings since june?

time to go onto the lawyers forum

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            blades can break off and certain type of blade holder do screw on. running in reverse will cause them to unscrew.

are the blades wedged in the line, or are they able to be pushed or pulled?

so the plumber does use blades that screw onto the cable end, according to his quote. sounds like you have a case against him. now you just need to prove it in small claims court.

the video tape should help your case along with any old bills prior to june showing nothing was out of the ordinary. did the same company do the 4 other cleanings since june?

time to go onto the lawyers forum

rick.

geeze rick, you can tell you were raised in a sue happy state, sue, sue, sue, sueing should be the last resort, what about mediation or something.....
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

What's upsetting is the guy just doesn't do the right thing! He should of just come back and cleared the blades out! No huge deal! Now He may end up in small claims court.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                geeze rick, you can tell you were raised in a sue happy state, sue, sue, sue, sueing should be the last resort, what about mediation or something.....
                robert, if the guy is denying the blade issue, then the homeowner has no choice to either eat the cost, or pass the cost onto the other party. since the other party is not taking any responsibility, that only leaves eating it or suing him. mediation is a nice form of suing. sort of give and take.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

thanks for your responses. it's definitely upsetting that the original plumber didn't correct his mistake once he pulled the snake out and the blade set was missing. during his second visit he recommended digging up the driveway to fix a ruptured line at a rate of $1,250/day. at least i didn't fall for that. now he claims that he would have found it if he would have been the one to video the line four months ago. however, my plumbing wasn't backing up once a month prior to his original visit. the blade set was finally pushed out. unfortunately, i can't prove that it belongs to him. perhaps there is a recent surge in sewer line sabatoge from neighborhood teenagers around here. i'm thinking a report to the better business bureau and some plumber's association might be the next step. i live in marin county california. any thoughts?

Comment

I also live in Marin. PM Me

Comment

Maybe it’s true that your first love never fades, because no matter how many times Warner Bros. attempts to repackage Blade Runner, nothing beats my initial introduction.

Comment

Working...
                      X