micro see snake in toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micro see snake in toilet

has anyone tried the new see snake micro in a water closet, and does it go all the way through to the flange?
    Last edited by pp&m; 10-25-2007, 09:42 AM.

Re: micro see snake in toilet

Yes i have done it a couple times...The trick is not to force it thru...It wont go down into the flange, but it will pass thru the toilet trap...Just whatever you do, do not force it. I push it thru by just small steady pushes

Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I am to scared to shove my micro in a toilet trap. I would rather use my mini seesnake, just to check the trap out.

I pull the toilet and run my mini in the closet bend, if I need to just inspect the closet bend only, then I will use my micro.

The micro is faster then setting up the camera, it just depends on how much I need to see.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Actually going to a job today, guy flushed kitty liter and newspaper down a toilet...had another company there...couldnt get it working..Never checked the toilet or the bend...going to use the micro thru the toilet to see if liter solidified.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

It's funny that people treat their $215 equipment better than their several thousand dollar equipment but the micro really isn't as tough as the other seesnakes. Wasn't the main point of the micro in the first place to check toilets quickly?
          Jay
          Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
          Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

I use mine in W/C`s all the time
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jay6 View Post
              It's funny that people treat their $215 equipment better than their several thousand dollar equipment but the micro really isn't as tough as the other seesnakes. Wasn't the main point of the micro in the first place to check toilets quickly?

I dont pay top dollar on equipment to trash it...Ya i like to use my micro on toilets, but i also like to use it for alot of other things, i take pride in every piece of equipment i own...prolongs the life, and the customers notice how good my equipment looks. Then they say, if you can keep your equipment looking that nice, then im sure you will leave my room looking nice..

You cant check a toilet "Quickly", you have to push it in slow so to not break the tip, unless you dont care about the equipment, then by all means go for it

Comment

I've got a question for you guys. After you use the camera in a toilet, what do you do to clean it?

Comment

Originally posted by GilBeQuick View Post
                  I've got a question for you guys. After you use the camera in a toilet, what do you do to clean it?

i lick it like a lollipop

actually just a quick rinse under water. believe it or not. a toilet is a lot cleaner than a sewer line. even my seesnakes just get a good rinse and a wipe down on the cable. remember i got into plumbing to get dirty.

if i wanted to stay clean, i would have been an electrician

rick,
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

actually just a quick rinse under water. believe it or not. a toilet is a lot cleaner than a sewer line. even my seesnakes just get a good rinse and a wipe down on the cable. remember i got into plumbing to get dirty.

rick,

Lick it like a lollipop and then kiss your wife

Comment

Man,

I have trouble getting my 6' telescoping auger down toilets now, how are you all managing this camera without twisting in a circular motion like the auger?

I'm assuming that you all are running the camera down it while it is still clogged.....but how can you see anything if toilet paper and the nasty stuff is already blocking the view?

Kinda like you can't run a camera efficiently until the line is unclogged/clear for the most part. Some residual roots yes but the larger ones would make it impassable.....no?

I bought a $99 camera from HB and use it for demo purposes only when I do tabletop expo's at the local senior center.

I modified the head of the camera and looks crazy but you'd be surprised how many took to playing with that camera. Kept them in front of the table building name recognition.....all that matters.

One guy said, "He do you do colonoscopies?" Uhh.............no. I'm thinking his statement was in reference to recent upper/lower GI inspections, insurance company made him pay a good deductible.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by GilBeQuick View Post

I make my Wife lick it like a lollipop........Then I run like hell if she wants to kiss me.

Oops........you were talking about the micro see snake?

I thought you were talking about something else.

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick,
                          I am an electrician! It can be dirtier than you think, just not with fecal matter.

Comment

I didnt think an electrician got dirty
                            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Now that I think about it, I have never seen a dirty electrician either. I was not brave enough to put the demo they let us borrow down the trap.
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
                              X