X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mini color video tool case problems

Have 3 mini see snake set-ups... 2 video tool cases, one of the big silver boxes w/o the battery. 2 200' color camera reels, one b/w. never had any trouble with the silver box. black boxes spend more time on ups' trucks than mine. just got one back from the dealer who sent it to ridgid for repair... returned still broken like they never even looked at it. Same problem they 'fixed' in January. I am so frustrated.

can anyone recommend a good service center?

what is everyone's experience with these units? should i just junk them and buy something else? i have taken to carrying the silver one as a spare on my van as i can never count on the dumb black box working.

do you fix your own? (I mean, the warranty is nice in theory, but i've been without the thing for a month and it's still broke when i get it back? whats the point?)
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: mini color video tool case problems

I have two ToolCase monitors on my truck and other than batteries they have been fairly trouble free. I did have one develope a short in the wiring to the monitor but Ridgid fixed it and had it back to me in days. What type of problems are you having?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

The only problems i have ever had with the tool box monitor and vcr system was moisture getting in the vcr and eating a tape or 2...other then that no problems..Your alittle far from me, or i could recommend a good service center in Phila area.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Multiple problems.... most recently, on both vtc's, all works fine until switching on the transmitter. When the dimmer knob is clicked into transmit position, the little satellite icon comes up and all appears well, but the diodes on camera head wink out and don't light back up, and the transmitter does not function.

Also, in the past,
        - case wont turn on
        - case wont turn off (that was fun... I had to pull the fuse out after every job to keep from killing the battery)

- monitor unusably dim (this on a new out of the box unit...look! my new $2700 toy! oh...darn)

- same transmitter problem before

- vcr buttons iffy.... sometimes chose to work sometimes not...i don't even try to use the remote

just a host of annoying things, and its got to the point I just can't go to a site and rely on the thing to work. never had a battery go out though... mostly i just always plug it in.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace, I'll see if I can get tech services on here tomorrow and see what they can do for you.

Josh

PS.. welcome to the forum!

Comment

Josh...
            Waited a few days no new info... I will just pack this up and ship it again. This is a Ridgid site yes? You are a Ridgid employee? My understanding is that it must first go to a dealer for evaluation, then to Ridgid for repair if a warranty issue. Correct? I am frustrated with the service I am getting...should I just call Ridgid c.s.? I've tried putting notes to the service tech to call me in the box, maybe I will try that with a candy bar this time. Warranty is nice, but I'd prefer to pay $ and have it fixed.

Comment

I sent him the link... I'll ask him again... yes I am an employee but I am the webmaster not in tech services.

Heres what ya can do though.

1) go here. http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp...enters&Code=SS (SeeSnake specific service centers) If you don't have a service center within a conveniet radius of your location then you can ship it into our factory service center. They will evaluate it for warrant. if it falls under warranty they will fix it. otherwise they will come back to you with a quote on the repair.

2) call tech services and they will walk you through some additional options. 1-800-4RIDGID

Sorry they didn't respond to you. I have to manually pull techs into the forum sometimes. They work through the phones primarily.

Josh
              Last edited by Josh; 12-07-2007, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

-Alex

Comment

Spoke with Ridgid customer service, sent it off to Elyria, spoke with them again today, they've found the problem, repaired it, and shipped it...at no charge. Due back here on the 26th...fingers crossed. Thanks again!

Comment

Received tool case back from Ridgid on 26th as promised. All well; fixed (yay!) at no charge (yay again!). Thanks for the help, and props to Ridgid customer service. I will be dealing directly with them rather than through a dealer/service center whenever possible from now on. Now I'll send the other one off; it's acting up also (sigh). Crossed fingers for some reliability now. No-one else seems to have the problems I do, I wonder if I'm hard on it in some way.

Comment

Working...
                    X