X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue seesnake?

Saw a seesnake on Ebay and it was blue but this looked to be original paint. It had the Seesnake sticker on it. Was blue the original color?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Blue seesnake?

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Saw a seesnake on Ebay and it was blue but this looked to be original paint. It had the Seesnake sticker on it. Was blue the original color?
    You know who owns one.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

funny you should ask. this came up at dinner tonight with the west coast gathering and bill/ crack

i still have my original one i bought from "deep sea lighting and video" they are the the company that designed that model. ridgid either has a contract with them or bought them out? not sure but they are still in the loop as i have spoken to them in the past.

the blue one is a larger camera head and is black and white. it didn't have a transmitter or a screen writer distance counter. i believe all of this could be updated to current specs, but all you have is the reel and cable.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        You know who owns one.

Mark
        you do too

great gathering

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          you do too

great gathering

rick.

LOL- No I've never owned a Blue one as our first ones were Red. You are the "who" in you know who.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark, wanna own one? I'll sell it to ya
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
              Mark, wanna own one? I'll sell it to ya
              Maybe not that but what else you got?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Maybe not that but what else you got?
                Oh boy, this could get ugly....

Comment

I know this thread is old as dirt.. OK maybe not that old but its up there. I just wanted to mention I am still using my Deep See SeeSnake unit serial number 0027 still with the Pro_Tech prototype locater. Only thing I had to replace was the worn push cable on the unit, and had to replace the CRT due to it got crushed in a roll over wreck I was in.

Ridgid could not chosen anything better than these systems to put their name on. The first one DeepSee came out with was rated for 4" to 8" pipes and could make multiple turns in 4" 90ยบ turns with ease. The push cable was two cables molded into one First cable was the wire chase, the second was a solid fiberglass rod, made pushing it out 500 feet a breeze. The camera on this unit was also rated for 3000 feet under water. It was one they where selling to the US Navy.

The next year at the trade show they had the smaller compact unit at half the cost but just as tough. Thats when i bought mine. I wish I did buy one of the first generation ones, there where many jobs I could of used the added strength in the push rod.

I saw one on Ebay shortly after my van wreck for $600 bucks from a used tool resale shop. I jumped on it since I needed the new CRT. It had the newer camera head and the newer transmitter that you had to turn the CRT on- off- on again to turn it on.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                  X