Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mini Seesnake Plus V Seesnake Plus Camera

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    OK Josh the first of many questions.

I put my new seesnake plus camera down a sewer pipe and it was perfect a cristal clear picture, but when I installed the seesnake plus with the flatpack ball-type centering guide and put it down the same sewer the picture was not as clear it was blury I tried to adjust the LCD screen but to no avail, I took it off and again without the centering guide it was OK again I would have thought getting the camera off the bottom of the pipe would give a better picture?.

Regards
    Tony
    tony, there is no reason why it would be blurry.

the only thing i can think of is that camera is now above the flow line and a smudge of grease, poo, will smear the camera lens. with some water flowing to keep the camera lens clean, it will look better.

all else fails, i'll have to go there myself and see what is happening

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Josh and Rick

I put the camers down a 100mm eathenware stormwater pipe today with the ball type centering guide on and it was a perfect picture so I am wondering if Rick is right that poo and other sewerage debris got on the camera lens, or Josh does the light from the camera reflect on the pipe in a different way giving a distorted picture on the screen.
      Should I run water down the drain I am inspecting on all drains and Rick do you use the centering guides on 100mm drains or are they intended for larger 150mm and 300mm drains.?

Regards
      Tony

Comment

Tony,

When my camera starts to have a little blur to it I generally have someone flush a water closet while I give the camera a quick back and forth motion. Unless your drain is really dirty it will clean the lens.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Rick and Mark are most likely right on this one. Just some poo on the lense.

Brings up a question for some of you veterans. What happens when grease gets on the lens. Is there any trick to clear that off without pulling it all the way out. The little experience I had with it I just pulled it out jetted the line then put it back in clean again.

Josh

Comment

AFM,

Re your question on charging for the camera; I usually tell the customer on the phone before the job that if there is a need to camera there is an additional charge. Regardless, if I want to camera a line for whatever reason, even just my own peace of mind because something feels wrong, I do so. If all I see is the inside of a pipe and the additional work wasn't discussed first, I forgo the camera charge. If I find something important, concerns about the extra charge usually disappear. Enjoy your new equipment!
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Josh,

Run water or find a cleanish puddle and jiggle it. I find in many lines, especially restaraunts, it is pointless to camera without jetting first unless I just want a locate.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace Sewer

You have answered my question as I don`t want give my clients the idea that I am pushing the extra camera cost onto them if it is not warranted.

Regards
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  Josh and Rick

I put the camers down a 100mm eathenware stormwater pipe today with the ball type centering guide on and it was a perfect picture so I am wondering if Rick is right that poo and other sewerage debris got on the camera lens, or Josh does the light from the camera reflect on the pipe in a different way giving a distorted picture on the screen.
                  Should I run water down the drain I am inspecting on all drains and Rick do you use the centering guides on 100mm drains or are they intended for larger 150mm and 300mm drains.?

Regards
                  Tony
                  tony, are you sure you don't need me to come there for a hands on session.

i'm sure joey would like to go too

100mm = 4'' pipe. i do use the centering balls on 4'' pipe. they also have the snap ring style centering fingers. these are good for 3''- 75mm.

i doubt that you'll have any luck on 300mm/ 12'' pipe. not enough light and too muck flex in the cable.

white pipe/ pvc will camera better than black pipe/abs. cast iron is not bad as there is always bands and rust to stand out. clay is also good. it's all about the absorbtion and reflection of the light from the camera head.

i always run water to keep the camera clean and it also shows the pipe direction. top, bottom. the water also acts a a lube to cut friction. too much will hide your findings and too little will be hard to push.

if need be, run lots of water to get the camera down and clean, and then lower the water as you pull back to inspect. typically pulling back will give a smoother picture as you can control the speed.

heavy grease is a bummer and it needs to be cleaned before or your lens will get slimed i'll try it 2 times before i give up and snake/ jet the line. typically i try not to go through a 2'' kitchen sink clean out.

offer still goes.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Tony how are you if u ever need a chopout i am in melb running a blockage cctv company .what area u in i am in eltham.

Comment

Philip Bramley

I`m in North Balwyn and have just bought one of those expensive Ridgid Seesnake plus with the LCD monitor and DVD recorder, I have been clearing sewers for thirty years but on looking back since I have had this camera I don`t think that I have ever cleared one properly, I just hope I don`t have the problems you are having.

Regards
                      Tony

Comment

G'Day Tony and Phil .
                        Heidelberg here. Seem to be right in the middle of you 2.
                        Have been using other brand camera and Ridgid locator for 4 years now. wouldn't leave home without them.
                        If you need help with excavation have small machine can access 1050mm wide and dig to 2.2m depth
                        Technology can be expensive when it comes to repairs of your gear.

Comment

Brendon

Its great to see some Aussies in this forum as they are far and in between and somtimes I feel that I am on another planet with regard to US plumbing,
                          you said you have been useing cameras for sometime and I have a question as a new comer to sewer cameras can they be pushed around a 100mm boundary trap to check the point.

Regards
                          Tony

Comment

Working...
                          X