X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Seesnake Plus V Seesnake Plus Camera

Could someone tell me the differance between the Mini Seesnake Plus and the Seesnake Plus as i was reading a thread written 1995 which said when he was putting his Mini Seesnake down a 150mm drain the camera would turn backwards on itself when it when around a bend I want to camera darins from 90mm stormwater to 150mm sewer pipes. so which is the best alrounder for me.

Regards

Tony

Re: Mini Seesnake Plus V Seesnake Plus Camera

tony, just to make it simple i will use 25mm = 1''

the mini seesnake is great for 1.5'' and 2'' pipe. the regular seesnake will do 2'' but not if there is crud or tight turns.

i have done 4'' with my mini, but the lighting is not as good and the push rod is too flexible for long runs.

sort of like snaking / drain cleaning a line. bigger pipes use bigger cables.

for you application the standard seesnake is perfect.

for specialty applications the mini will work. but i would think that 95% of your work you mentioned the standard is the choice.

you guys use "pal" and we use "ntsc". otherwise i would bring you a spare mini or standard for a vacation trip

of course with joey

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Nick
      Now I am really becoming confused STANDARD SEESNAKE what is a Standard Seesnake, I was given a brochure from a Ridgid rep here in Melbourne and there is the Mini SeeSnake Plus (40mm to 150mm 6” Lines) and the Seesnake Plus (50mm, 2” to 300mm 12” lines) so are you talking about the SeeSnake Plus which has the wheels on it or am I going to bang you head against the wall again.
      I have been reading up on all yours and other plumbers comments on the SeeSnake Diagnostic Equipment threads and have been vary informative and I was surprised at how knowledgeable you are about Australia, but really in one of your threads you say you didn’t come to Australia because it was to wet so I assume you were going to hicks ville in Queensland, Melbourne Victoria is the cultural and sports capital of Australia and it hasn’t really rained here for ten years and is the place to be.
      PS
      I would have as many cameras and jetters as you have if the prices were around $8,000 and not $16,000 plus in Aus.

Regards
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Nick RICK
        Now I am really becoming confused STANDARD SEESNAKE what is a Standard Seesnake, I was given a brochure from a Ridgid rep here in Melbourne and there is the Mini SeeSnake Plus (40mm to 150mm 6” Lines) and the Seesnake Plus (50mm, 2” to 300mm 12” lines) so are you talking about the SeeSnake Plus which has the wheels on it or am I going to bang you head against the wall again.
        I have been reading up on all yours and other plumbers comments on the SeeSnake Diagnostic Equipment threads and have been vary informative and I was surprised at how knowledgeable you are about Australia, but really in one of your threads you say you didn’t come to Australia because it was to wet so I assume you were going to hicks ville in Queensland, Melbourne Victoria is the cultural and sports capital of Australia and it hasn’t really rained here for ten years and is the place to be.
        PS
        I would have as many cameras and jetters as you have if the prices were around $8,000 and not $16,000 plus in Aus.

Regards
        Tony

yes the seesnake plus with wheels. and it's RICK, not NICK.

RICK.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry about that Rick

Regards
          tony

Comment

Plus = Standard

Mini = Mini

Comment

Thanks Josh

I didn`t realize the combinations and options Ridgid has in regard to SeeSnakes, monitors and recorders and checking out what is best for my plumbing business before laying down the money and not making a mistake is quite confusing.

Regards
              Tony

Comment

I use a mini weekly, if not daily, in 4" (100mm) lines. I don't own a standard, and can't make a comparison. I've used the mini in up to 10" lines. It's sketchy in big lines (8"+), but it can be done by floating it through on a foam raft if the line is flowing, or if you have access to either end and can get a string through to pull the camera. In 4" pvc or abs I can push all 200' (about 60 meters) in a straight shot. through a couple bends I can usually get to 80' or 100', 140' if I can run water behind it. clay about the same, iron less. The only times I've failed to get what I wanted with the mini were when I had too many bends to push through, or was in way too big a line. The new style camera head is an improvement; it's a little smaller and the ball guides for it are hugely better than the old style.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  I use a mini weekly, if not daily, in 4" (100mm) lines. I don't own a standard, and can't make a comparison. I've used the mini in up to 10" lines. It's sketchy in big lines (8"+), but it can be done by floating it through on a foam raft if the line is flowing, or if you have access to either end and can get a string through to pull the camera. In 4" pvc or abs I can push all 200' (about 60 meters) in a straight shot. through a couple bends I can usually get to 80' or 100', 140' if I can run water behind it. clay about the same, iron less. The only times I've failed to get what I wanted with the mini were when I had too many bends to push through, or was in way too big a line. The new style camera head is an improvement; it's a little smaller and the ball guides for it are hugely better than the old style.
                  ace, all the problems you have mentioned is the reason why you need a standard/ full size seesnake.

stiffer/ larger push rod, better lighting. unless you do a ton on 1.5'' and 2'' piping, you're going to have better results with the standard.

sure i like the size and weight of the mini, but it lacks the real performance of it's larger brother for inspecting pipe in the 4- 8'' range.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Well Rick & Josh I took your advice and bought the seesnake plus 66 meter colour self leveling camera and the LCD monitor with a DVD recorder and as another in the forum said it is expensive being at this forum.
                    Over the last two months I have forked out $20,000.00 with the camera, the monitor & DVD recorder, the scout, the sonde and brick.
                    So I hope you don`t mind as I am going to be asking a lot of questions Rick & Josh.

Regards
                    Tony

Comment

Ask away and if you need any help our support don't be afraid to ask.

Josh

Comment

Yea it does cost to be in this forum but my service to my customers has gone from guessing to knowing with all the modern stuff. High Tech has really helped me,
                        in the morning before i go to the job I get online and pull up the side sewer card to see the layout is it a 4" or a shared 6" or do 4 houses all run together, then I have an edge up when I get there to talk to the neighbors if needed. I snake it and run my camera down to see the results, and if needed on a trouble spot bust out the locater to see how deep and where the trouble is and mark it. And now jetters which I used to think where just on trailers and didn't even think about the small ones. I love the new stuff!
                        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Cuda
                          Just a question about charging out the camera, lets say you get a call to clear a blocked sewer and you go and clear it, but feel it would be a good idea to put the camera down the sewer, how do you tell your client without being pushey and charge the extra amount on top of what you have charged to clear the blocked sewer in the first place.

Regards
                          Tony

Comment

OK Josh the first of many questions.

I put my new seesnake plus camera down a sewer pipe and it was perfect a cristal clear picture, but when I installed the seesnake plus with the flatpack ball-type centering guide and put it down the same sewer the picture was not as clear it was blury I tried to adjust the LCD screen but to no avail, I took it off and again without the centering guide it was OK again I would have thought getting the camera off the bottom of the pipe would give a better picture?.

Regards
                            Tony

Comment

AFM, tell me a little bit more about the change in picture. I know our cameras are optimized for the geometery of the pipe and may be optimized from the angle at the bottom. Let me know how the image changes and I'll find you and answer.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                              X