X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid vs prototek

Having a reputation in the local locating business in the buffalo area; I had a sanitary line i couldn't find last summer. a week later it happened again. finally realized that the ft-8 will no longer go the depth it used to do while using a rd receiver. (tested with 3 receivers; one had just been calibrated). factory says they haven't changed a thing, so i got suckered into buying a fv-10. that maxed out at ten feet, not 15'. I think they may be detuning them. They over tapped it for my 3/8x24 thread;and by the third job the threads pulled out, by-by transmitter. (would of dug it up, but the customer couldn't swing it).
    I use to sell the ardy when they 1st came out; but I can't even get a return call from the owner. So on the advice of Jerry Leh and Tom in tech dept, I purchased less expensive ridgid transmitter. 15' in open air, I can't wait to get it down the line.
    Now I'm my old self again, thank you for a superior product,
    sincerely, S CRAFT

Re: ridgid vs prototek

i have 2 prototek receivers and a bunch of transmitters. none of them get used anymore.

although i did like their spring loaded transmitter carrier. i havn't used them in years and i like using the seesnake for most locating.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
    X