Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

leak detector wow $409.44

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • leak detector wow $409.44

    Amprobe-300 ultrasonic leak detector sku 315755 at drillspot.com. ,also graingers. Guy over at loves' site ,used it in factory to find 75 air leaks in no time. Wonder If it would pick up leaks
    in water line under concrete? Also if You ran water in drain ,maybe ,it would pick up location under concrete or earth? LOVE the price! Anyone have one?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

  • #2
    Re: leak detector wow $409.44

    Sounds awesome. Whole back a guy I know was getting no Hot water back in a brand new snowmelt system on the area surrounding his olympic sized pool. The pool area was 36 x 36 limestone so you could understand how he felt about the suggestion to start breaking up his new tile to find a leak. He ended up pumping up the system to 200 psi and listening for leaks wth a stethoscope. He found the leaks but only after 3 days.

    Curious as to how this thing works. I do alot of fire restoration work, and whenever there are gas lines that were away from the fire affected area, code requires a re-inspect. I've come to notice that in a medium sized industrial warehouse, there are on average 50-75 leaks on the existing gas lines, and boy can these be hard to find. I would most definitely be interested in a tool that could cut my detetction from 1 week to 1 day.
    West Trail Mechanical Ltd
    Service. Commitment. Expertise.

    www.westtrailmechanical.ca

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: leak detector wow $409.44

      Originally posted by bigPipe09 View Post
      Sounds awesome. Whole back a guy I know was getting no Hot water back in a brand new snowmelt system on the area surrounding his olympic sized pool. The pool area was 36 x 36 limestone so you could understand how he felt about the suggestion to start breaking up his new tile to find a leak. He ended up pumping up the system to 200 psi and listening for leaks wth a stethoscope. He found the leaks but only after 3 days.

      Curious as to how this thing works. I do alot of fire restoration work, and whenever there are gas lines that were away from the fire affected area, code requires a re-inspect. I've come to notice that in a medium sized industrial warehouse, there are on average 50-75 leaks on the existing gas lines, and boy can these be hard to find. I would most definitely be interested in a tool that could cut my detetction from 1 week to 1 day.
      i believe that the microphone is tuned for the frequency of escaping high pressure air/gas. i rather doubt it will work under concrete or dirt.

      years ago i owned a goldak leak locater. the original microphone was junk and they even admitted on many occasions it was the wrong microphone they sold me.

      so it's all in the tuning of the microphone and what frequency it was designed to pick up.

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: leak detector wow $409.44

        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i believe that the microphone is tuned for the frequency of escaping high pressure air/gas. i rather doubt it will work under concrete or dirt.

        years ago i owned a goldak leak locater. the original microphone was junk and they even admitted on many occasions it was the wrong microphone they sold me.

        so it's all in the tuning of the microphone and what frequency it was designed to pick up.

        rick.
        Goldak must have liked me better than you. When I bought mine they told me they were selling me the Shure mic they used in their locating as the Goldak mic was junk.

        Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: leak detector wow $409.44

          Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Goldak must have liked me better than you. When I bought mine they told me they were selling me the Shure mic they used in their locating as the Goldak mic was junk.

          Mark
          i still remind them of that and it's been at least 20 years.

          mark is still there and so is jim. all family.

          rick.
          phoebe it is

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: leak detector wow $409.44

            The context this came up as a fix ,was the following. A plumber had an air test on copper.
            He couldn't find the leak with soap [maybe leaky test guage ] and was frustrated. The Guy that had this unit said escaping air will scream at You,from a great distance! Sounds like a fair price ,if You have a need. Picture is impressive .Maybe someone can post a picture? I,m too stupid ,or I'd do it.
            Another dumb carpenter.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: leak detector wow $409.44

              Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              The context this came up as a fix ,was the following. A plumber had an air test on copper.
              He couldn't find the leak with soap [maybe leaky test guage ] and was frustrated. The Guy that had this unit said escaping air will scream at You,from a great distance! Sounds like a fair price ,if You have a need. Picture is impressive .Maybe someone can post a picture? I,m too stupid ,or I'd do it.
              Another dumb carpenter.
              another smart plumber

              http://www.drillspot.com/products/31..._Leak_Detector

              the frequency is not correct for escaping water underground.

              not sure why he couldn't find an air leak with soap. we use it all the time on testing. maybe it was up high and he didn't want to climb a ladder or lift?

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment

              Working...
              X