Anybody still using Black and White SeeSnake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody still using Black and White SeeSnake

Just curious. Do any of you still use the Black and White SeeSnake by choice? (AKA would you choose it over color??)

Some people still swear by black and white.. just wondering if there were any in here.

Josh

Re: Anybody still using Black and White SeeSnake

only when i don't want to risk a newer camera or cable.

still havn't bought a self leveling camera.

i have a a brand new 325' b & w still waiting for a long run.

200' is still plenty.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The only ones that swear by black and white are the ones that don't have color. Somehow trying to convince themselves that less is better. They both see the same thing but with color you get so much more information then just a shape.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

at the shop we ahve some off the wall brand of see snake...black and white....TV is a 13" tv vcr combo......has a sticker I think says "snake eye"....but it sure looks like an older version of the one I see in haror freight flyers....we ahve a lot...a whole lot of HF tools around the shop...sooo can not say.

I was not impressed with how it looks on the screen.....also gopher has to turn the cable to make camra imige turn right side up.

I think color would be a big step up.

Comment

I still use it on occasion, for example just to locate the path of the pipe.But if I'm doing an inspection always in color. A few ago I was running a b/w and saw 2 very large roots, I notified the owner and said I would be back tomorrow to dig it up...turns out when I put the color camera down there those 2 large roots turned out to be 2 very bright blue cables from the cable tv company!!!!! So yes there is a difference between b/w and color.

Comment

For the mini I have a b/w I use occaisonally specifically for tight spots... the head is smaller than the color, even the 'new' style smaller color, and it will get through a 2" trap.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I carry the B/W compact because of it's size and battery option, I use it daily for basic inspection but If a real look is needed I bust out my color unit.
              Last edited by Cuda; 02-21-2008, 09:01 PM.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
              X