X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro convert (maybe)

OK, I pooh-pooh'ed the micro, but I bought one anyway... It was just too cute. I've used it a few times, mostly to look in walls. I've not yet done anything with it I couldn't have done without it, but it's made some things quicker/cleaner/easier. It does seem kind of fragile and homeownerish. I tried to get through a toilet with it but just got up to the air pocket (which I can see to the water line there with a mirror) ... was scared to force it in after reading about the broken heads.... anyone having success getting down to the flange thru toilets?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Micro convert (maybe)

That's about as far as I feel comfortable pushing the head through a toilet. Tried twisting and pushing but no luck, got scared and pulled back

Comment

i'm with you guys

greg/ drain medic has done it.

maybe it's technique, maybe it's the toilet.

i have a camera with a spring leader that fits into 1'' copper. i'm sure this will do it, but i have no reason to bring in all that equipment to see inside of a toilet.

now if the micro had a spring like the rest of the cameras, then it will work

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I almost bought one at the local trade show, then remembered how many other things I needed. I believe Ridgid will improve the camera and the next generation will be better. Now, if it had a self leveling spring head I would buy it.

When the rep gave us one to try out I took it home and looked into my air ducts. Guess what I did on Saturday, yep, cleaned my ducts. Evil little tool it is.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

If you want to push thru a toilet trap without much hassle try the Testo 318-V. The only problem with it in this situation is the push rod is very flexible. And you must have your hand below the water line pushing in a inch at a time.

Comment

Finally gave up and pulled the toilet I was trying it on.... augered right thru it multiple times, no problem felt nothing, but it didn't like big wads of paper.... tried to see with micro but couldn't get there. Found about 8 nylon shafted qtips across the bottom of the toilet... I guess they just bent out of the way of the auger, or else there were a whole lot more of them to start with. I'd have had to pull it anyway to remove them, but I wanted more concrete reson to do so than hunch. I guess I'm back to diligence and the paper flush test.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
              That's about as far as I feel comfortable pushing the head through a toilet. Tried twisting and pushing but no luck, got scared and pulled back
              Ditto, I'm guessing thats why Ridgids making the "micro" micro...first thing I tried the other day with my new toy was the closet.
              Got above the weir and that was as far as I was goin'.
              Thought occured to me at that point, I'm pretty sure thats right about where most foreign objects get stuck too.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                Ditto, I'm guessing thats why Ridgids making the "micro" micro...first thing I tried the other day with my new toy was the closet.
                Got above the weir and that was as far as I was goin'.
                Thought occured to me at that point, I'm pretty sure thats right about where most foreign objects get stuck too.
                Long things, like toothbrushes, toilet roll holders, and batman get stuck there. little travel shampoo bottles, credit cards and keycards, and QTIPS make it to the outlet flange. Lord the stories I could tell. Someone plungered a tennis ball through one to the flange. Pluto the dog rides on my dash to this day... he made it all the way through and 20' into the line.

Comment

Its really not hard to push it thru the toilet. I do it alot. It will be alot easier though with that new cable.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                    Its really not hard to push it thru the toilet. I do it alot. It will be alot easier though with that new cable.
                    greg, you'll have to show us at the roundup. the one time i tried, i was afraid of breaking the head and stopped at the first bend.

now in a porta potty, that's a different issue

does flushing help if it's flushable

do you grease the head or cable?

josh, have some micros ready for the school lesson. we'll try in the executives restroom

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      greg, you'll have to show us at the roundup. the one time i tried, i was afraid of breaking the head and stopped at the first bend.

now in a porta potty, that's a different issue

does flushing help if it's flushable

do you grease the head or cable?

josh, have some micros ready for the school lesson. we'll try in the executives restroom

rick.
                      I would have to show you, not really sure how to explain it. Its all in the wrist action

No i dont grease the head, and i dont do porta potties
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
                      X