Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The micro micro

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: The micro micro

    Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Once I get back from the show I'll have to take some video and compare both (I'll try my best).
    Did you just slip and you imply that the micro has a memory card option?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: The micro micro

      Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Did you just slip and you imply that the micro has a memory card option?

      i doubt it ben. it hooks up to the current monitor. i believe it's just a replacement 3' section and camera. or is there a new monitor with bells and whistles?

      will it still connect to the magnet, mirror and hook?

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: The micro micro

        This tool sounds like an instant money maker for me.


        $30 per visit in the home to find the problem without destroying the walls or ceilings.

        I'm assuming it needs to stay out of a super cold truck during the winter months to protect it's digital components.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: The micro micro

          Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
          Ya it figures

          Throw one of them into my goodie bag

          You told me you won't go.

          Now I didn't buy Rob a ticket for his b-day cause you said you won't go
          sigpic

          Robert

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: The micro micro

            Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            You told me you won't go.

            Now I didn't buy Rob a ticket for his b-day cause you said you won't go

            i said throw one into my goodie bags...didnt say i was going...Im not going, but Josh has my ID badge. Just in case he wanted to throw me a bone
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

            www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: The micro micro

              Originally posted by smorris View Post
              And a small spark plug hole is how big? You might have me off the fence on whether or not to get one, now.
              The really small head should pass through a standard 14 mm spark plug hole. WOW ... This should really be great for seeing the insides of an engine. I bet once drained out, it would let you look up inside an engine from the drain plug hole in the oil pan too. Oil filter base as well, maybe.

              Have any of you seen an Oral Cam that's used for dental work? They aren't just for medical use. People get inventive. The down side is they cost big $$$.
              Last edited by Woussko; 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: The micro micro

                Exactly what I'm looking for. the MGA 1500 linked in my sig has been sitting since August 2006, as I haven't been able to get to it yet. I was spiritedly driving along, when all of a sudden oil pressure dropped to zero and a clattering sound started. Nothing broke topside, but rolling it in gear with the plugs pulled still has some resistance.

                I want to use the micro to look in the cylinders to see if the pistons are shot, and up through the oil drain to see what parts fell into the pan, and how many bearings spun. That will help me decide whether to pull it for a rebuild, or pick up a friend's MGB 1800 engine to drop in, instead.

                So, Josh, it's up to you what ends up at the RIDGID employee car show, '58 MGA or '65 Vespa Super Sport... Let's see what one of these babies cost!
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: The micro micro

                  Any idea on when we can buy/sell these?
                  Jay
                  Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                  Coptool - Power Tool Blog

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: The micro micro

                    Mmmm! I just saw one. I want one!
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: The micro micro

                      Had a chance to see one last week. Nice, Very very nice. I can bet a lot of users will be picking one up to add to their units. Another thing to note, the cable is more flexible too which I see some have asked about. You will all like it once it gets here.

                      Steve...it will work great for your engine diagnosis wont it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: The micro micro

                        Originally posted by smorris View Post
                        Mmmm! I just saw one. I want one!
                        Originally posted by silverbullet View Post
                        Had a chance to see one last week. Nice, Very very nice. I can bet a lot of users will be picking one up to add to their units. Another thing to note, the cable is more flexible too which I see some have asked about. You will all like it once it gets here.

                        Steve...it will work great for your engine diagnosis wont it.
                        Silver... Dont let him fool you, he makes so much money he pay's people to work on his cars!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: The micro micro

                          Thanks for everyone that stopped by the booth to check out the new camera head. This is going to be great for real tight space viewing. Look for it to launch in mid may!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: The micro micro

                            Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                            This tool sounds like an instant money maker for me.


                            $30 per visit in the home to find the problem without destroying the walls or ceilings.

                            I'm assuming it needs to stay out of a super cold truck during the winter months to protect it's digital components.
                            Dunbar,

                            In short, YES it would need to stay out of a super cold truck during the winter months. But here are the actual specs.

                            Operating Environment:
                            Temperature ..............32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)

                            Humidity ....................5% to 95% non-condensing (
                            display unit)



                            Storage Temperature ..-4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: The micro micro

                              Originally posted by MicroMan View Post
                              Thanks for everyone that stopped by the booth to check out the new camera head. This is going to be great for real tight space viewing. Look for it to launch in mid may!
                              yes the new camera head is very very nice and the picture just as good as the other one ,i will have to get one
                              Charlie

                              My seek the peek fundraiser page
                              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040


                              http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

                              new work pictures 12/09
                              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: The micro micro

                                Originally posted by smorris View Post
                                Exactly what I'm looking for. the MGA 1500 linked in my sig has been sitting since August 2006, as I haven't been able to get to it yet. I was spiritedly driving along, when all of a sudden oil pressure dropped to zero and a clattering sound started. Nothing broke topside, but rolling it in gear with the plugs pulled still has some resistance.

                                I want to use the micro to look in the cylinders to see if the pistons are shot, and up through the oil drain to see what parts fell into the pan, and how many bearings spun. That will help me decide whether to pull it for a rebuild, or pick up a friend's MGB 1800 engine to drop in, instead.

                                So, Josh, it's up to you what ends up at the RIDGID employee car show, '58 MGA or '65 Vespa Super Sport... Let's see what one of these babies cost!
                                If you need a 1500, I think I've got one or two.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X