• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sewer cameras

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
    Name:  2a6a371ec3e242c29d9f18807c077648.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  66.1 KBThis is ROBERT'S NEW SET UP..
    Name:  65a3a94e524722db180087fccf730f6e.jpg
Size:  126.2 KB

Name:  a0d500784288d40f9247e7136d7e74d6.jpg
Size:  124.3 KB

THANKS JOSH FOR POSTING AN OPTION
    O.K.

You guys rock!!! This is the kind of stuff I like to see! This type of technology goes a long way and gains respect in the industry compared to the ever so popular stereo typical dirty toothless cable sticker.

My business is driven by professionalism and technical advancements over my competition. This is what sets me apart from those guys. It says a lot about everyone on here and shows that they care by looking into and acting on things that will provide a better service for their customers. Great job on that set up!

As a side note, this is the camera I just picked up at the show. It has lots of options to get media to placed in various formats. I suppose that rather than dragging around my laptop I could make a set up like yours. Great touch with the CD labels too. Very professional.

Heres the link:

http://insightvisioncameras.com/XpressPerformance.html
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Any experience with the Spartan PROvision 2.0? LCD, DVR, Sonar capable etc. ???

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
        O.K.

You guys rock!!! This is the kind of stuff I like to see! This type of technology goes a long way and gains respect in the industry compared to the ever so popular stereo typical dirty toothless cable sticker.

My business is driven by professionalism and technical advancements over my competition. This is what sets me apart from those guys. It says a lot about everyone on here and shows that they care by looking into and acting on things that will provide a better service for their customers. Great job on that set up!

As a side note, this is the camera I just picked up at the show. It has lots of options to get media to placed in various formats. I suppose that rather than dragging around my laptop I could make a set up like yours. Great touch with the CD labels too. Very professional.

Heres the link:

I used that monitor with my old company. It broke within 3 months
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

For the last year or so I have been using the Sony DVD burner that others have mentioned and find it very user friendly. I recently went looking for a digital video camera but found while most have a video-out very few have a video-in. The new toy I have been playing with since December is the Archos 605 (IBrenda's Christmas present) which Josh mentioned.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            For the last year or so I have been using the Sony DVD burner that others have mentioned and find it very user friendly. I recently went looking for a digital video camera but found while most have a video-out very few have a video-in. The new toy I have been playing with since December is the Archos 605 (IBrenda's Christmas present) which Josh mentioned.

Mark
            How do like the archos? prefer it or burner? details?
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
              How do like the archos? prefer it or burner? details?
              I've been out of State working since January 14th and none of it involves the SeeSnake so it has really been more getting to know the Archos so far. It seems like it will do what I want and I will have the video in a MPEG file which is one less thing to worry about.

Mark

Comment

New here...We are an ASC for the SeeSnake located in AL. My question is does anyone know who would insure a SeeSnake to cover things like a lost camera or broken cables? It would be nice to have this insurance if it was available because it cost so much to repair when it is not a warranty issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel taylor View Post
                  ask roter rooter
                  Wouldn't trust many of their drain techs to wipe my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel taylor View Post
                    ask roter rooter
                    Wouldn't trust many of their drain techs to wipe my butt.
                    Roto Rooter Did you mean?
                    I have and old Archos Jukebox.When I upgrade to a jukebox with video archos or iRiver is the way to go!The iRiver can record.

Comment

I was looking to upgrade my VCR camera to DVD or a hardrive and I came across this thread and found some useful suggestions.

I did a search to find adapters and came up with this:
                      http://www.onlinescuba.com/eshop/10E...=27&zmap=4260A

I am not very tech savvy so I thought I'd ask here. Could I use this to adapt from an RCA output (which is on my VCR) to record directly to a laptop? We have a couple of laptops at our shop that we could use and I thought this may be an inexpensive solution. Once on the laptop I could email footage or burn to DVD, right?

Any input would be appreciated as always.

Jeff

Comment

yep... that would work. Not a piece of cake working with digital yet but that setup would probably get the job done.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                          O.K.

Heres the link:

Thank you for the compliments, I also get alot of compliments on my set up in the field.

I have used my my DVD burner many times already and have not had a single issue with it.

I will keep everyone posted, and if something should happen, I will make everyone aware of it.

I like the set up because believe it or not, not everyone wants a DVD, some still want VHS I can now do both

Josh brought this to our attention, so all the credit is really his
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            yep... that would work. Not a piece of cake working with digital yet but that setup would probably get the job done.

Josh
                            Josh,

What problems would I have working with digital? Could you explain what you meant exactly. I don't want to make more work for myself. I thought this was a pretty good solution but as I stated I'm not a techie.

Jeff

Comment

Just saying its not like 1 touch recording that some people are used to. Once you got the hang of the capture device you showed it shouldnt be a problem.

If you know how to work with videos... or if the software that comes with that is really straight forward, it shouldnt be a problem at all..

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by youngsplumbing View Post
                                I was looking to upgrade my VCR camera to DVD or a hardrive and I came across this thread and found some useful suggestions.

I did a search to find adapters and came up with this:
                                http://www.onlinescuba.com/eshop/10E...=27&zmap=4260A

I am not very tech savvy so I thought I'd ask here. Could I use this to adapt from an RCA output (which is on my VCR) to record directly to a laptop? We have a couple of laptops at our shop that we could use and I thought this may be an inexpensive solution. Once on the laptop I could email footage or burn to DVD, right?

Any input would be appreciated as always.

Jeff
                                You may also want to consider doing a Google on the product as that vendor is as much as 2X higher than others.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X