Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sewer cameras

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    You may also want to consider doing a Google on the product as that vendor is as much as 2X higher than others.

Mark
    A friend I asked about this sent me the following link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-VIDEO-AUDIO-...QQcmdZViewItem

$10...I wouldn't feel to bad about it if it didn't work at that price.

Comment

Wow that is a great price. Let us know how it works as I went through a ton of those type of devises and I am still looking for just the right setup.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Josh

As you know I have a Seesnake plus with an LCD moniter +DVD recorder but as I am recording to the DVD can I record to a flash card or hard drive at the same time as I want to be able to put a copy on my computer fro referance and print out still copies and if so How.????

Tony

Comment

I'd try a device like this. Basically a Personal Video Recorder. takes a video signal in and lets you record it to flash memory which you can transfer to your computer. I can't guarantee that this will be exactly what you are looking for but I am ordering one to play around with here. Looks like it would get the job done. Worth a try at 70 bucks.

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...869694-000-000

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            I'd try a device like this. Basically a Personal Video Recorder. takes a video signal in and lets you record it to flash memory which you can transfer to your computer. I can't guarantee that this will be exactly what you are looking for but I am ordering one to play around with here. Looks like it would get the job done. Worth a try at 70 bucks.

Thanks Josh I will look around to see what`s available in Oz

Tony

Comment

Josh

I have tried everywhere Josh even Amazon.com but they are not sold outside the cotinental U.S. I`ll wait till you have yours and you have tried it out and then I might pay someone to buy it in the U.S. and send it to me.

Tony

Comment

Josh, what were your "test results" of this of theis device? yea? nay?

looks very interesting as i think a hard drive/flash memory/SD, etc could be better in the field than a recorder/burner.

my camera should be in Miami tomorrow and on the boat thursday (with a bit of luck) and here by monday or tuesday (after custome, etc).

steve
                In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

So I can connect that to the seesnake along with that sony dvd burner..they do the job at the same time?

one goes to dvd for the customer and the other one goes to flash that i will connect to my computer and have it on my website right?

Comment

You could do that if you had a splitter for the video signal. yellow ended cable with 1 plug in and 2 out. Just a Y splitter.

Comment

how is your review for mustek, josh?

Comment

Go out and buy a Vosonic YP8360 Muti Media Device, www.vosonic.com with a 120GB hard drive or larger, plug it into the video and audio out on you seesnake monitor press record on this device and it copies at the same time as your recording onto your DVD or VHS, take it home connect it to your computer and if your running XP or Vista it automatically loads onto your computer with no added software and you can stick the copy into a folder called sewer camera which I did for future referance or wherevery ou wish it is that easy.

Tony

Comment

AFM, have you tried this one out? Looks pretty good. A good deal more expensive than the one I put up but it does record in high res and takes a wide range of cards. Very Cool.

http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/SPD...1210664607.jsp

Josh

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                          Go out and buy a Vosonic YP8360 Muti Media Device, www.vosonic.com with a 120GB hard drive or larger, plug it into the video and audio out on you seesnake monitor press record on this device and it copies at the same time as your recording onto your DVD or VHS, take it home connect it to your computer and if your running XP or Vista it automatically loads onto your computer with no added software and you can stick the copy into a folder called sewer camera which I did for future referance or wherevery ou wish it is that easy.

Tony

Comment

Actually I looked int the 8360 a bit more and the highest resolution it handles is 352x240. The 8860 which came out this month handles up to 720x480. thats the one I linked above.

the 8360 does the same things the cheap one I posted before does. Its just got a biggest screen.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                              how is your review for mustek, josh?
                              Played with it this morning.

Positives
                              - Easy to use
                              - Battery powered.
                              - Takes SD card
                              - Easy Playback
                              - Small file size

Negatives
                              - Resolution 320x240 (still sufficient but would prefer 640x480)

Overall impressions… Works just fine for digital capture. No issues.

this is the impressions Josh sent me. i think the resolution could be an issue in the long run.

while the MC_5 isn't out of the running i'm currently looking at the Archos 605 30G with DVR travel adapter. records to HD (30G should be enough but they go to 180G). in the field i could download to laptop and burn a raw master if needed. i could take the footage back to the office and add voice, titles, music, dancing bears, etc. hand a final version to the client amd look like the total professional. * he bows to the thunderous applause of an admiring world*

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Actually I looked int the 8360 a bit more and the highest resolution it handles is 352x240. The 8860 which came out this month handles up to 720x480. thats the one I linked above.

the 8360 does the same things the cheap one I posted before does. Its just got a biggest screen.

Josh
                                Josh

I was a bit worried about the resolution but was suprised when I down loaded the copy of a drain I had recorded from the Visonic onto my computer and found I could increase the size on my computer screen from quarter screen, to half screen or full screen and still have great clarity and this is where I will be viewing it for future referance as my client already has the DVD copy, and the other great thing about the Visonic is when it is connected to my computer it comes up as an extra extrenal hard drive.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X