Stuck in a comby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in a comby

I have always had problems getting both my mini and my seesnake out of comby's when I have my centering guides on.

I recently broke one and now have to get a new one........doesz anyone have any tricks??? It is a pain when it happens and I end up beating the heck out of my camera to free it up.

Suggestions? Tricks? Ridgid engineers.....any ideas??
    sigpic

Robert

Re: Stuck in a comby

What type of centering guides do you have?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

try the old fashion centering stars. these are flexible and you can pre-bend them to size. the snap rings do fall off on occasion.

i like the ease of the centering balls, but they do get hung up in fittings.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think all cameras need a flexable cone from the back of the camera head or centering ball down to the end of the spring. I've always thought that would take care of pulling them back through Y's. or broken pipes. I talked to mytana about it and they are working on a spring that tapers down in size. Hopefully they get it built sooner then later.

Comment

I use the ball type, cause it is faster then using the stars, not only that, but as rick mentioned, they will fall off.

I am just not happy about the centering guides, I need them cause the results of the camera are better, but at the same time, I hate to beat up my camera and spring just to get the camera out, not only that, it is not good for the customer to see what I have to go through to get the camera back.

I am very dissapointed, Ridgid seesnake is the best on the market, you would have thought they could have designed better guides.

Ridgid guy's......is there something in the making?? something thats clicks on fast like the ball type guides and does not get stuck in the fittings????

Maybe a device that is shaped like a dunce hat??? to me thats a great idea..
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

A small flexible backwards cone at the back of the spring would be my suggestion. It would act as a guard, so the spring/head doesn't get hung up when pulled out.
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
              A small flexible backwards cone at the back of the spring would be my suggestion. It would act as a guard, so the spring/head doesn't get hung up when pulled out.

thats what I was thinking, a Dunce hat type shape, for sure, I think soemthing like that would work, it would push the guideaway from the edge of the comby
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I went and bought one of those Whacky Noodles that floats in swimming pools, cut it down to alot of pieces and use those in 6 to 8in lines to center. Its nice floats right on top of the water and stays centered
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  I went and bought one of those Whacky Noodles that floats in swimming pools, cut it down to alot of pieces and use those in 6 to 8in lines to center. Its nice floats right on top of the water and stays centered
                  Thats a nice trick! A life vest for your camera!
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I also use the pool Noodles ((Just don't tell my Kid`s))
                    I also took a hole saw to some tennis balls and spray foamed em so they would float.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

i had to make a camera skid for a 1 inch camera head

cable ties /zip strips and if the wear out how many can be made for a dollar

Comment

Originally posted by deanorod View Post
                        i had to make a camera skid for a 1 inch camera head

cable ties /zip strips and if the wear out how many can be made for a dollar
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

every time I use those stupid guides they hang up! the new ones with the wires that push into the camera coil....so I refuse to use those crappy guides! I called rigid about them......and surprise I was the first person to mention the problem as far as they were concerned there is no issue???? I never had the problem with old style guides (ball over 2 halves)

Comment

Hmm how odd... I like the new guides with the wires... never had your problem and they are much easier to put on and take off than the older style.
                            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                              Hmm how odd... I like the new guides with the wires... never had your problem and they are much easier to put on and take off than the older style.

you must be a lucky one I cannot see how you don't have problems coming back out a comby (4")

everyone I know has a problem.
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X