Universal roller skids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal roller skids

Any one ever use this roller skid? http://www.rootersupply.com/products...ssue08Cole.jpg

I was looking at them on line for a while and got to mess with it at the show.
    Now that I have, I think they would work pretty good on 6" and up. Right now I can only push about 150' in 6" clay and it's quite a fight.
    The roller system is spring loaded keeping the wheels on the walls but the best part is you can attach a line to the rear. When you pull this line it collapses the unit making for an easy pull back.
    Any one have any real world experience with these? Pros/cons that i'm missing?
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Universal roller skids

I saw these guys at the show too. I did not stop but I meant to go back and get more info from them and forgot.

Did you catch the prices on these things? I would like to get one myself.
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13358
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The 6'- 12" skid is 329.00 plus light kit @ $39.00
        Quite a bit of change if it turns out to be crap. Not too bad $ if they work good on town mains.
        I think I'll call them and see if they have any money back guarantee.
        I played with it in their demo pipe and rolled it over my hand to simulate a joint/slight off set and it seamed to go pretty good but I wonder how well it will go once it's 100' out.
        How come you didn't make it to the dinner jrsaltz? I thought you were comming.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

That is a large skid, I am looking for something compact like the ridgid guides.

this would be for 3" and 4"

I have ridgid wheels that came with my larger machine, they work well in 6", and larger, but thats about it.
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Quite a bit of change if it turns out to be crap. Not too bad $ if they work good on town mains.
            I played with it in their demo pipe and rolled it over my hand to simulate a joint/slight off set and it seamed to go pretty good but I wonder how well it will go once it's 100' out.
            I think thats a bit pricey unless, like you said it works well after a 100 feet. Let me know what they say about that money back guarantee.

As far as dinner, I was invited out by the guys I bought the new jet from. They were insistant that I go with them for spending so much money on new equipment. So we went and got the star treatment. I did really want to attend though. I was nice meeting Josh but it would have been a great way to get to know more of you here. I am sure there will be more opportunities in the future.
            www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              gene the problem is with the flexibility of the push rod. if you can get a rope or string downstream, then pull the rollers back to you, great.

pushing the roller out in a real pipe with a small push rod is not as easy as it sounds.

i've tried doing large (8'' and greater)storm drains. pulling back is much more steady then pushing. and you do need much more light than the camera will provide.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                gene the problem is with the flexibility of the push rod. if you can get a rope or string downstream, then pull the rollers back to you, great.

pushing the roller out in a real pipe with a small push rod is not as easy as it sounds.

i've tried doing large (8'' and greater)storm drains. pulling back is much more steady then pushing. and you do need much more light than the camera will provide.

rick.

Right, i used the spring loaded one with the wheels in a 6in Terra Cotta pipe, straight run. Only problem was trying to push the camera and hitting the offset joints. It wouldnt go thru them. I dont know about the other 2 though. did not try them.
                The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I have the ridgid balls ((Thanks to Josh)) but most of the time I dont use anything. I clear the line first and run the camera by it`s self. If it`s holding water it`s time for the balls so you can see where the back grade is. Comobo are a pita if they are not flat with anything you use. You just have to learn how to run back fast enough to miss the edge of a combo. Kinda bounce it up if you want to call it that.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X