Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100mm Traps

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    tony, i have seen at the trade shows on brand new 50mm/ 2''abs pipe, traps and fittings this done.

but that was a trade show and not real life plumbing.

i'm not familar with your earthernwear trap, but don't force the camera or cable. i could only imagine what it would cost where you're at to have the camera head re-terminated.

i for one will not put my cameras through a trap. my sewer cables, no problem.

rick.

i think its a clay trap ?

Comment

Bingo you are absolutly correct a 4" clay trap.

Tony

Comment

Tony
        If you want to go around traps terracotta or PVC in the land of OZ you will need a mini sea snake and a piece of tubing to get around trap.
        Dont use sea your you will damage it
        cheers
        greg

Comment

Greg

I was pulling out what hair I have trying to explain a 100mm terra cotta boundary trap and if I could get my Seesnake plus around it, but evidently not thanks Greg for your help.

Tony

Comment

we call them intercepters in the uk and to be honist now 90 percent of the darn things are cracked due to age

i have a 1 inch camera to get round gulleys / intercepters but if there is a displaced joint then very little goes round

also the camera i use does not show to much detail but the picture quality is good

Comment

Originally posted by deanorod View Post
              we call them intercepters in the uk and to be honist now 90 percent of the darn things are cracked due to age

i have a 1 inch camera to get round gulleys / intercepters but if there is a displaced joint then very little goes round

also the camera i use does not show to much detail but the picture quality is good
              Thanks for you info I haven`t head the name an intercepter trap for many years, what annoys me is the Ridgid brochure I got says the Seesnake plus will go around 3" P trap but on all the advise I have got from this forum that is bull dust and is a misrepresentation on Ridgid`s behalf.

Tony

Comment

I think we've had this dicussion earlier, but I couldn't find it. I have the mini, not the full size seesnake. It goes around 3"/75mm traps. I have a smaller black and white camera head I can get through 2" traps. I think your problem may be that your boundary traps are at a long distance from where you are entering the system; if I am going through a trap, it is a floor drain I am pushing through right there. I don't see traps at the bottom end of lines here, only at the fixtures.
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                  I think we've had this dicussion earlier, but I couldn't find it. I have the mini, not the full size seesnake. It goes around 3"/75mm traps. I have a smaller black and white camera head I can get through 2" traps. I think your problem may be that your boundary traps are at a long distance from where you are entering the system; if I am going through a trap, it is a floor drain I am pushing through right there. I don't see traps at the bottom end of lines here, only at the fixtures.
                  Your right we have been here before and before a boundary trap is at the end of a 100mm (4") verticle pipe below the ground anything from 1mt (3') to 6mts (18') they were discontinued in the 1960`s but millions of house still have them.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                    You were right about my problem of getting my seesnake plus around a 100mm (4") terracotta or pvc boundary trap it was the distance from the trap and control over the push cable.
                    So over the last couple of months I have come up with a 50mm (2") pvc guide I made up at different lengths that I can screw together with a flexible hose at the end so I place my 50mm guide into to pipe at ground level and join the 50mm guide together to the length I want down to the trap and to feed the seesnake plus camera down the guide and then give it a sharp push and it goes around the trap as smooth as silk and keeps the seesnake guid hose under control and from bending to much.

Tony

Comment

Hi AFM I have also bought recently a 325 plus and am really pissed about not being able to get it around a 100mm bt. Is your 50mm guide an elbow on the end of a peice of 50 pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                        Hi AFM I have also bought recently a 325 plus and am really pissed about not being able to get it around a 100mm bt. Is your 50mm guide an elbow on the end of a peice of 50 pipe?
                        Gday

Comment

I bought a 200 seesnake plus this year and felt the same about boundary and disconnector traps and trying to explain them to others on this forum was impossible as I don`t think they use them in the U.S.
                          I cut up a length of 40mm pvc pipe not 50mm as I said to different lengths and glued M & F sockets to the ends so I could carry them on my truck and be able to screw them together to gain the exact length to go down a boundary shaft I duct tapped a 300mm piece of 40mm black flexible aggy pipe to one end so when I put it down the shaft it bends partly around the bottom of the trap.
                          Now this will work only on 100mm earthenware boundary and disconnection traps and 100mm pvc boundary traps but not 100mm pvc disconnection traps as the trap is to sharp.
                          Now feed the camera down the 40mm guide to the bottom of the trap and grab the push cable about 500mm or 600mm above the 40mm guide and give it one hell of a push don`t be afraid of braking it as I thought I would and it will slide around the trap and as you have a plus and not a mini it will go farther and you will thank God you bought the plus and not a mini.

Tony

Comment

I also meant to say it takes little practice to get the camera to go around the trap and after a bit of experimentation you will get to knack the 40mm guide keeps the camera push cable from flexing to much when down a boundary shaft that is why you carn`t get it to go around the trap without some type of guide to house the push cable, give me a buzz when you have mastered it.

Tony

Comment

Seriously Man, need to see what you are talking about.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

Seriously Man, need to see what you are talking about.
                                Ok explain to me as a teacher in the simplest terms as if you were explaining to an idiot how I put pics onto a thread from my documents on my computer.

Can you visualise a 2" (50mm) P trap under a basin in a bathroom, now all a boundary or disconnector trap is, is that it is a 4" (100mm) pvc or earthenware (terrorcotta) P trap in size which are in the ground outside the building that the secondary drains from your basins, sinks, showers (except toilets which are direct to entry) etc drain into and also stops any overflow when the sewer is blocked from entering the building, and also to gain access when clearing a blockage on twenty five year old sewers which are in the millions in Australia
                                Give me a brake I am getting sick of having my head kicked off every time I stick it up, but all jokes aside the Aussie I was explaining how to camera a boundary trap knows what I am talking about

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X