100mm Traps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100mm Traps

When you click "post a reply" write what you want then click "manage attachments" then go to "browse". This will open up your files, click onto your pic then you should be back on the page that says browse and upload. click upload at this point and you're done.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Gear junkie

Testing one, two, three
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you have P-traps or S-traps throughout a residence or business on the greywater drainage (sink, shower) that goes to these boundary traps?

J.C.

Comment

i can't get your photo to open into a larger frame.

i guess it's a start.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Mark ,We have whole house [ street traps in SF ]
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Do you also have traps throughout the residence/buildings?

J.C.

Comment

Firstly thanks AFM for the guide mate I havent had a chance yet but Im sure this will work. Secondly I cannot get into the explanation to these Americans but I will say to all of you US folks this. Are you READY!!!!!!!!
                All fixtures be it a shower, basin, toilet etc have a trap directly connected to them. With exeption to a larger trap for floor wastes or dt's, where multiple fixtures can be connected under certain rules only. A lot of sewer systems here also have the (* BOUNDARY TRAP) at the connection to the sewer main.

Comment

Testing 1, 2, 3,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

i can't get your photo to open into a larger frame.

i guess it's a start.

rick.
                    Rick

I have tried it again does it work ??????????????

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Do you also have traps throughout the residence/buildings?

J.C.
                      Yes on all pre 1976 plumbing systems in Melbourne where I live and which are in the millions in Australia.

But since 1976 they modenised our plumbing system, where only one disconnection trap which is called an ORG (over flow relief gully) are needed and boundary traps were deleted in 1960.

But before then all pumbing fixtures had a individaul trap and then drained into a disconnector trap which was placed in the ground ontside the building line and then drained down the sewer pipe into a boundary trap which was connected directly to the main sewerage pipe at the boundary of the property and that is why it is called a boundary trap and a shaft was extended to ground level to vent to sewerage pipe and for access for cleaning a blockage.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                        Rick

I have tried it again does it work ??????????????

Tony

nice wheels on your seesnake

are those the standard for overseas, or an upgrade by you

yes the picture works

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ozplumb View Post
                          Firstly thanks AFM for the guide mate I havent had a chance yet but Im sure this will work. Secondly I cannot get into the explanation to these Americans but I will say to all of you US folks this. Are you READY!!!!!!!!
                          All fixtures be it a shower, basin, toilet etc have a trap directly connected to them. With exeption to a larger trap for floor wastes or dt's, where multiple fixtures can be connected under certain rules only. A lot of sewer systems here also have the (* BOUNDARY TRAP) at the connection to the sewer main.
                          Excuse the ignorance. Can anyone explain to me why one of these boundary traps or curb traps is a good idea? Sewer backup maybe, but it seems like a bad way to do things. Yank'em & put in a backwater valve?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

nice wheels on your seesnake

are those the standard for overseas, or an upgrade by you

yes the picture works

rick.
                            Rick

Arn`t they nice Rick compared with the cheap plastic rubbish Ridgid puts on their equipment and then calls them wheels, I have the same on my K-1500 machine as it makes it a lot easer to move from one place to the other, you would think that the money we pay for Ridgid tools you would get the best but we in Australia we improvise we over come and swear till the kangaroos come home.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

Seriously Man, need to see what you are talking about.
                              The white pvc trap in the back is a boundary trap as they don`t make them in earthenware anymore and the cast iron one in front is a disconnector trap.
                              The reason for having a boundary was early last century the powers to be were paranoid about sewer gasses getting into the house hold sewerage pipes and the boundary trap was the first line of defence it had a shaft extended to ground level and had a vent on it called a ground vent.

Tony
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-25-2008, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Running traps were, and are still used for a purpose. You boys need to go to school, or back to your union jobs where you'll have some sort of supervision...

Removing running traps is a no, no.... Hope ya'll don't kill someone..

Comment

Working...
                                X