Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100mm Traps

Originally posted by Camman View Post
    Running traps were, and are still used for a purpose. You boys need to go to school, or back to your union jobs where you'll have some sort of supervision...

Removing running traps is a no, no.... Hope ya'll don't kill someone..
    Educate me a little. Why do you have running traps on a residential/business main sewer in L.A.? CAMMAN ARE YOU THERE???

J.C.
    Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-27-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Now that I see your "boundary" trap, at the roundup, everyone was able to push a seesnake(same as yours) through a 3" trap with little difficulty. One thing that wasn't realistic about that though was the that we didn't have guide balls on the seesnake. I always use the seesnake with guide balls. Not sure how well that would go through a trap.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Now that I see your "boundary" trap, at the roundup, everyone was able to push a seesnake(same as yours) through a 3" trap with little difficulty. One thing that wasn't realistic about that though was the that we didn't have guide balls on the seesnake. I always use the seesnake with guide balls. Not sure how well that would go through a trap.
        What are guide balls what do they do can you show me a picture of them and where to buy them.

Tony

Comment

Running traps were, and are still used for a purpose. You boys need to go to school, or back to your union jobs where you'll have some sort of supervision...

Yes running taps are an important part of a plumbing system as the running water keeps replemishing the water seals in the fixture traps and stops sewerage gases and smells from entering the building but in the good old days early last centary they had problems with the water seals in the trap syhoning even with venting and allowing sewerage gas and smell entering a building and that is why as having traps on all the plumbing fixtues inside a building they also had them on the sewerage system outside before draining to the authority retic as a second and third precaution against this.
          And still in Melbourne today there are boundary trap areas where if you renew an old earthenware one you have to replace it with a new 100mm pvc one and that is why they are still around.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
            Yes running taps are an important part of a plumbing system as the running water keeps replemishing the water seals in the fixture traps and stops sewerage gases and smells from entering the building but in the good old days early last centary they had problems with the water seals in the trap syhoning even with venting and allowing sewerage gas and smell entering a building and that is why as having traps on all the plumbing fixtues inside a building they also had them on the sewerage system outside before draining to the authority retic as a second and third precaution against this.
            And still in Melbourne today there are boundary trap areas where if you renew an old earthenware one you have to replace it with a new 100mm pvc one and that is why they are still around.

Tony
            Think I understand. In the old days things weren't properly vented for some reason to retain the trap seals inside the house/building. Therfore the running or boundary trap. There isn't one here in my part of the U.S. Anywhere.

The guide balls Gear Junkie is talking about attach to the SeeSnake near the camera head. Keeps it off the bottom of pipes for better inspection. Kind of centers it. Ridgid makes them, I think catalog#97852.

Some come up with there own also.

This is based on what I read and hear. I DO NOT own a SeeSnake.

J.C.
            Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-28-2008, 10:00 AM.

Comment

camman, i guess i need more educating since i must have missed that part while in union apprenticeship class. 81-84.

i guess the city of los angeles missed that part too.

only place i've come across property/ boundary traps has been in the county of l.a. not the city.

and the ones i've camered for other plumbing co's have been removed once discovered.

as far as a running trap. i've got several dozen 6'' ones to clean that are for animal waste drains.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

explain to me what your logic is

Comment

here's 1906 installation
                  Attached Files

Comment

What are guide balls what do they do can you show me a picture of them and where to buy them.

Tony
                    I like these rather than the star shaped ones. Those get hung up on offsets easier. North State is where I buy most of my tools.
                    Attached Files
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Out of respect for your time spent with us I will simply ask how are you coming to the rationale of using this posture.
                      Are you aware of how houses are plumbed in this century?

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
                        here's 1906 installation
                        Yes your photo is a cross between a boundary trap and a disconnector trap, now that wasn`t so hard even though we all talk English it has taken all this time to get here, and your all correct a photo is worth a thousand words and this is what we in Australia want to be able to get our seesnakes through as the DVD that came with the manual with our seesnake only shows U.S. sewweage systems and mainly secoundry systems at that, I feel they should have one for the countries they export to.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          I like these rather than the star shaped ones. Those get hung up on offsets easier. North State is where I buy most of my tools.

Gearjunkie

These came with my seesnake plus and are called centering guides are they also called guide balls or are guide balls something else, you also said at the round up you watched a seesnake go around a 75mm (3") trap was it a seesnake plus as I have or a mini as I tried it it with no luck ????????

Tony

Comment

Gearjunkie

These came with my seesnake plus and are called centering guides are they also called guide balls or are guide balls something else, you also said at the round up you watched a seesnake go around a 75mm (3") trap was it a seesnake plus as I have or a mini as I tried it it with no luck ????????

Tony
                            tony, keep in mind that the traps we pushed through were abs plastic and we were right on top of them. not a real world scenario.

if it means anything to you, i never push my cameras through a trap.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              tony, keep in mind that the traps we pushed through were abs plastic and we were right on top of them. not a real world scenario.

if it means anything to you, i never push my cameras through a trap.

rick.

Rick

That`s the problem with a boundary or disconnector trap it can be anything for 1Mt (3 feet) to 4Mts (12 feet) under ground and the camera push cable flexs all over the place when trying to push it down the shaft and around the trap and that is why you need a guide of some sort to house the push cable, they say a mini would go around but I would have thought the push cable would be more flexable than the plus and you would be worse off being that distance from the trap.???

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X