Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vivax Vcam mini

Anyone used this?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Vivax Vcam mini

Also check that you have an authorized service center nearby. These tools wear down and break often.
    Regards,
    Severin A Eskeland, Eskeland Electronics AS, N-1400 Ski, NORWAY
    www.Detektor.no > Metal Detectors, Line Locators, Leak Detectors, Inspection Cameras, Data Loggers and Fault Locators

Comment

Well, I ordered one. I'll tell how is is when I've got some time on it.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
        Well, I ordered one. I'll tell how is is when I've got some time on it.
        I look forward to your review as I may need to look at a new ToolCase type monitor soon unless Ridgid comes up with something. My only concern with the system you ordered is there is only a video out so you need to carry a separate piece of equipment to record a video.

My other thoughts on the camera is unless you go with the optional 200' push rod the first time you make a repair you will be under 100' which is usually too short. In addition, you may be limiting yourself in that it is only rated up to 3" lines and it won't navigate a 2" p-trap so the lighting is probably poor and the camera is stiff. Either way at $3,000 I almost don't know how you can go wrong.

Mark
        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 04-06-2008, 01:40 PM.
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I paid $5k total to get 200' of pushrod and the better/current model digital controller with the hard drive recording. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
            I paid $5k total to get 200' of pushrod and the better/current model digital controller with the hard drive recording. We'll see.
            So Ace what do you think so far of the Vivax?

Comment

Still waiting for it; supposed to have shipped last week. Apparently there was a change/upgrade to the reel and waited to get the newer version. Will post when I have news.

Comment

Working...
              X