Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the Word on Ratech Sewer Camera?

EAT YOUR HUSBANDS CHERRY???!!?!!! Maybe I don't know Forum lingo or something, but now I'm frightened. What exactly is this Ridgid "Roundup"?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      EAT YOUR HUSBANDS CHERRY???!!?!!! Maybe I don't know Forum lingo or something, but now I'm frightened. What exactly is this Ridgid "Roundup"?
      OOPS! Sorry. Crack came to L.A. and visited a group of us and ate the cherry off my hubby's milkshake
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Whew! Now I'm starting to feel safer. Damn, I got solder in my hair. Just felt it.

P.S. I've read alot of your and Ricks posts and know that your both great people that are lucky to be with each other. Although I know there are times you have to send him to sleep with his K-60.

Comment

JC, you should drive up to the roundup. A bunch of the forum regulars are going to be there and its gonna be a blast.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Roundup-Registration/

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Crack I am not money hungry-I have my own and I do not want my own plumbing company

Oh crap, I didn't think you' would read this thread

TBH it was a complement. Rick has taught you well. You probably know more about plumbing that some of the guys I work with.

And to think I thought you were one of the good guys

Just like a woman to take it completely out of context

I let you eat my hubby's cherry and this is what I get in return

I spend every waking moment trying to forget that ever happened
            JC you really should come to Ohio. I've already met some of these folks in person and you won't find better peeps anywhere. Can't wait to meet the rest

Comment

Crack-I don't forget a thing

I actually love going to work with Rick and playing with the tools. I can do it without even breaking a nail
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Our B&W Seesnake just came out of the shop again. At least the 4th time in the past year. So I'm shopping around for the latest and greatest. I came across Ratech and really like the features. Some of which Ridgid doesn't have yet.

Opinions? Comments? Criticism's

http://www.rjmcompany.com/Inspector-...ion-camera.pdf

This camera system is quite generic in design. It is the same system that General Wire uses as well as the eel cam by electric eel. It is also used by a few other no namers. Just look at the reel and case....they are the exact same!

http://www.allanjcoleman.com/eelcam.html

The same features can be found on the Seesnake. OK, so maybe you cant type out notes on a keyboard, but big deal. Type up a report in Word or just record audio with the video. I am not sure that the durability of the Ridgid can be beat. I have seen Reps slam the camera heads on concrete and they keep on working fine.

Maybe you just have a bad head or push rod? Upgrade to the new color Seesnake plus camera and give it another go. You can resell the B&W for top dollar on Ebay.

Here is another option as well if you feel you need the most advanced system on the market today: (note i said advanced, not durable...we shall see!)

http://insightvisioncameras.com/PUSHSYSTEMS.html

I just purchased one of these at the Pumper show. I have not received it yet but i know full well that it may not hold up like a Ridgid but someone has to give it a try. I have been using a loaner seesnake plus until this unit comes in and i am super impressed. It is a tough SOB. I have always used Spartans cameras which are far less durable and reliable. I will comment on them in the next post.
                www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Crack-I don't forget a thing

I actually love going to work with Rick and playing with the tools. I can do it without even breaking a nail
                  If Brenda breaks a nail during inspections she reminds me she's a girl and threatens to head back to the truck. I just tell her to mark it with a keel and will take care of it during the weekend. She's a pretty good trooper though. The project she is on right now the inspection start at 7:45 am and run through 7:00 pm. To top it off it's 45 min from the hotel. I told her it's a good thing the current inspections are only lasting 5 1/2 weeks. I sure hope she doesn't turn in her notice.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I know very little and have no experience using cameras, but am interested in one. I recently looked at Spartans 2.0 system and liked it & the features. Once again, I have zero experience with Seesnakes or any other brand and was curious as to what experienced people thought about the Spartan system as well as the Ratech.
                    OK....Spartan cameras, where do i begin. First off, their systems have always been farmed out to the typical camera builders in the industry. The tube TV units they had where just the same as every other companies out there.

After those they built their mini cam to operate on battery power with a small LCD monitor, self contained 100ft. reel (junk) and audio and video outs but no recording capabilities. It was a popular item until people realized they were garbage and not capable of pushing more than 50ft if you were lucky.

Then we saw the ProVision1 as it is now referred to. This was a step up for sure. It was a molded case all self contained with a larger diameter push rod, VCR and fairly nice LCD monitor. A definite improvement but still had issues. It was a HUGE pain in the *** changing a camera head out and the lights on the things seemed to last about five seconds before half or all of them went out. The flex link with the sonde was a terrible design that was a constant problem.

Now we see the Provision 2.0 It is a sweet looking unit for sure. It has great features that are not found on many cameras. The camera heads have been redesigned and the lights are now set into hard molded plastic and a thick sapphire lens shields the camera inside. A new quick connect design inside the new flexlink makes it fairly easy to change heads which is a good thing because you WILL change out the heads....often.

Talk to any Spartan rep and they will tell you that the most contentious issue with their customers are camera heads and camera issues. The push rod is a definite improvement and is made of kevlar which is nice. The camera cant be used on any type of unlevel ground due to the fact that it sits so low to the ground it will bottom out and make it extremely difficult to get off the reel. Even using it on a lawn would be tough, it would need to be set on a piece of plywood or propped up somehow.

I am no camera expert but i have done tons of research on these things and i have used each Spartan camera personally. They are made a few towns over from me here and i still refuse to get one based on all that i have said.

Again, here is the system i bought at the pumper show. I hope it works out for me. If not, i will be buying a Ridgid Seesnake plus DVD.

http://insightvisioncameras.com/PUSHSYSTEMS.html
                    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

I am looking hard at cameras for a couple reasons; reliability issues and the outdated vcr recording technology on my ridgids. My problems have either been with a particular video toolcase (think I just got a cursed one) or have been understandable wear and tear issues. Have no experience with raytech. I am considering vivax and pierpoint. I hope to see updated digital recording from ridgid. I am looking at options for external digital recording and if I stay ridgid and can't buy it from them I will try the arkos unit described elsewhere here. I am slow to buy things, but will report when I do. Would welcome comments from anyone with personal experience with anything I've mentioned.

I like separate controllers and reels.

I find color to be useful, though not necessary.

I don't understand the point of self-leveling; somethng else to break, makes the camera head bigger and more expensive, and if you can't tell where the bottom is you don't have enough experience to do a good inspection anyway. The same could be said for color, but I find that useful on occaision and I can get a color non-self-leveling head in a 2" line. I have a black and white head I use in tighter spots.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I may buy another brand and only to find out how much I prefer ridgid; that is all I've ever used.
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I agree... it'll be worth the trip. Gonna be a blast.

Josh

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                          JC you really should come to Ohio. I've already met some of these folks in person and you won't find better peeps anywhere. Can't wait to meet the rest

Comment

Originally posted by haycad View Post
                            i talked to the ratech guys at the show. as far as cameras go they got it together they are the makers of general wires cameras. i bought a vision technology camera from the show im impressed so far.
                            Just curious...What pushed you from Ratech to Vision Technology?

Comment

Working...
                            X