telespec

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telespec

Hi guys, don't know if you can help me on this one.

I bought a telespec drain camera off ebay, comes with camera on a reel,vcr, and control panel with monitor, now on the monitor is a sonde button that when pressed, flashes.

Now, i may be wrong but, doesn't that mean a part is missing? would the"sender" be in the camera head ?, and the reciever missing?
    You may of noticed, i don't know much about these items.

The person i bought it off is very ignorant, so i do not wish to contact him, the "missing" part was not advertised. (if it is missing?).

What i now need to know, do i need THIS specific part to make the sonde work ? to pickup a certain signal? or could i use another sonde and "tune" it in? i googled telespec c 60, and didn't get results, maybe the firm has shut down.hope you can understand my questions, thanks.

Re: telespec

Often the sonde are optional so while the monitor has a button for it you may not have a sonde. Assuming you do have a sonde in your camera head you need a locator to find the sonde. The locator is a separate piece of equipment which is never included with the camera. Ridgid makes a nice locator which you may want to look at.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Line-Locating

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

cat scanner will tell if a sonde is fitted
      cable avoidance tool

Comment

Funny you should say that, been on ebay looking at them, do y0u think i could use the cat as a tracer?

I believe a sonde to be fitted as tonight iv'e been playing to check the battery charges and it runs off 12 v (ok)

And whilst doing this, i pressed my sonde button, and a slight change on the screen whilst in record mode, a sort of slight wavyness? was happening, so, i assume a sonde is in place
        which cat mk 1 or mk2? thanks very much for this info.

Comment

yes you could use the cat as a tracer if the sonde is fitted
          mmmmm now you are askin
          mk 2 i would guess i asume were taking radio detection here
          i think the radio detection mk 1 is on a different frequency

generally in the uk its on 33khz but you will have to find out if there is one in there first
          there wernt one in my cable end when i had a radio detection gater cam but i aslo had a sonde on off button on the control box

just sold one on ebay if you was nearer you could have tried it out as its stilll sat here

personal opionion here ive only used the sonde and locater once in 3 years thats why it was sold and i couldnt get used to it

the states are locating on a different frequency which i think does locate through metalic pipes
          the 33khz dont (uk spec)

Comment

we typically use 512 hz. this penetrates clay, plastic and cast iron. typically anywhere up to 10-15' deep.

before you spend a whole lot on a receiver, i would verify the exact frequency and limits on this equipment.

you could always tape an external sonde on and locate with that.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Along with 512 Hz the Ridgid Navitrack will do 16 Hz, 640 Hz, 850 Hz, 8 kHz, 16 kHz, 33 kHz sondes. Another advantage to the Navitack is it takes all of the guess work out of locating.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
              X