X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Problems

I puchased the Self leveling SeeSnake with DVD recorder about 5 months ago and have had a few problems with it. First, the DVD player would not open the tray. Second, the repair was made and the problem came back. Third, the Self-leveling head is starting to stick and give me feedback. (lines accross the sceen when I move the camera down the pipe.) I payed a little less than $10,000 dollars for this. I thought I was purchasing top of the line goods here. I was told by the repair guys as well as the rep that this was a common problem. I was also told to have the camera head checked because that was a common problem too and could result in needing a new head. If these are common problems, has anyone else in this forum seen anything?

Re: DVD Problems

Sorry to hear about that. I have the dvd and have had zero problems with it only me trying to use cheap dvd media. Ridgid seems to replace things for free for bad stuff. I have read of some people having better luck returning their items to Ridgid for repair when a service center can't seem to get it right. Are you sending yours to a service center or Ridgid?
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I have a seesnake self leveling colour camera and DVD recorder and have had no problems, it touch wood, it seems you have a lemmon I would go straight back to ridgid as I am sure they will sort it out.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Draineriah View Post
        I was told by the repair guys as well as the rep that this was a common problem.
        Isn't it great when they tell you of the "common" problems AFTER you've invested the big $$! I have not had this problem with Ridgid but learned of "common problems" with my Spartan cam after the purchase was completed. If it's such a common problem then take the unit back or give me a credit toward other equipment.

I hate investing thousands of dollars to find out I was merely a guinea pig...they should be paying me!

Comment

I also have the self levelling color head and unfortunately I had to send it back twice . Both times Ridgid replaced the head of the camera, my problem was different than yours, the color would switch to black and white and back to color. I sometimes had the lines that you mentioned only when the cable connecting to the monitor was rubbing on the camera reel when it was spinning. I know the down time is a pita but once they resolve your problem(s) it is a great tool to work with.Don't give up on ridgid yet...

Comment

Working...
          X