X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see snake plus Vs general gen eye gl

hi i was wondering between two systems see snake plus color with 200 ft push rod with dvd recorder is probably around $7800 rigid rep came to give demo.then a general rep came with the new complete system nice orange waterproof case with 200 ft same not self leveling very nice professionial monitor with the keyboard i saw on web site for $7500 my local big plumbing supply will give me the general for $6649 with a $250 rebate the general seems to be crystal clear video.any reason i shouldnt buy this system?thank you much appreciated.

Re: see snake plus Vs general gen eye gl

I have a Gen Eye II. The only complaint I have about it is it's hard to repair or find any advice for a repair I could do myself. I had to hunt and hunt to find the one person That I know of that fixes them.
    It seams like General leaves its customers in the dust when the sale is final.
    I have never had a Sea Snake but when it's time for a new camera I think I'll be getting one, unless someone comes out with a pan/tilt push camera.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

thanks gene.what about general dont they have a service center?

Comment

Like I said I feel like they have left me in the dust.
        I have contacted countless "reps" for over a year to try to get a simple list of all their cutter heads. I finally just found a guy that knows what is going on. We'll see how it works out.
        They may have a service center but I'd have to employ the FBI to find it.

I guess my point is, it shouldn't be hard to do business with a company. I should be able to call up, write the check and wait for the package.
        I'll see how this new guy works out. I'll be placing an order in the A.M., If he ends up not being able to answer my questions or screws up the order, I'm done with General for good.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

i have seen the self leveling head and it is nice

i think you will get good service after you get something from ridgid
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Seesnake is 150% better then a General.

Especially out here in the los angeles area, repairs will be hard. Seesnake, easy service centers.

The ridgid enclosed drum is better then the general open drum, the ridgid locator, much better then the general as far as ease of use.

I would spend the extra and go with a ridigd, you won't be disappointed.

I compared general and ridgid before I purchased both my cameras, ridgid was top of the line.

They take a good beating also, trust me, no matter how carefull you are, your going to have to abuse the unit sometimes, and it will take the beating.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

the general has a nice monitor ,power supply and dvd recorer all in one hard case looked like real good equipment,for the same system with ridgid they wanted like $2000 more and i really think this general unit your getting alot for $6450 after the rebate,i was really impressed by the color quality in the pipe.the sales rep said they have repair centers in nj and im right over the bridge in ny.my boss is buying the unit and he wasnt really interested in buying a camera for the company.i had to push him into this sale.i also like the closed ridgid camera reel better but i guess this would be easier to hose off with open cage.if the ridgid rep said to me that he could match or come close to the same equipment within a $1000 i would definately do the ridgid then.thank you .

Comment

there's a reason why the general is having a rebate.

there was a sale posted in the cleaner this month for a gen-eye jr. 100' for $2300. close out.

not only do you get customer support from ridgid and their service centers, but you get to voice your concerns on this forum and problems get solved.

i'm sure josh has 99.9% to do with that

don't get me wrong as general has some good jetters and sectionals. i just don't feel they are on top of the sewer cameras.

1 camera is never enough. give some serious thought for your next one

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I like the General jetters and their closet augers but beyond that I have not been impressed.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Duracable make a cover to fit on their drum snakes. Maybe a cover like this could be adapted to fit over the open reel of the camera reel?
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

good idea with the cable cover from dura cable.yeah rick i hear you i dont like that gen eye jr wasnt impressed by that i wish i could have the ridgid 200ft color reel with the general monitorcase,dvd recorder that would be the perfect mix.the one im getting actually on other web sites was going for $7500 but my local pluming supply is a big distributor for ridgid and general they are a big plumbing supply davis and warshaw.i got it for $6650 with a $250 rebate.like i said if my boss would of went for the extra money i would of got the ridgid system,cause i would of had to settle for a black and white system by ridgid and i dont like the b&w monitor i lke the rigid color lcd is really nice. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                      X