see snake cost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: see snake cost

Hmm seems to me that after shipping, tax, and duties that price is probably a bit high. Here is a site that has a 230V PAL complaint SeeSnake Plus:

http://www.toolsdirect.com/index.cfm...lushCache/true

They have it listed for $12,029.60 with free shipping with in the US. If you signed up through this site they would forward it on to Australia for you:

http://www.bongous.com/

Hope that's helpfull.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsmalls View Post
      Hmm seems to me that after shipping, tax, and duties that price is probably a bit high. Here is a site that has a 230V PAL complaint SeeSnake Plus:

http://www.toolsdirect.com/index.cfm...lushCache/true

They have it listed for $12,029.60 with free shipping with in the US. If you signed up through this site they would forward it on to Australia for you:

http://www.bongous.com/

Hope that's helpfull.
      I wish I had found this web site before I paid out $16,000.00 for my Seesnake plus I would have saved nearly four grand so one wonders what is a reasonable profit that Ridgid should make on its tools or is it just greed.

Tony

Comment

US Cost is Quoted as $12,029 which converts to 13,709 AUS Dollars + 15% Import Tax = $15,765.00 AUS Dollars.

Ya gotta remember the the exchange rates. By looking at it from this angle they are paying less than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
          US Cost is Quoted as $12,029 which converts to 13,709 AUS Dollars + 15% Import Tax = $15,765.00 AUS Dollars.

Ya gotta remember the the exchange rates. By looking at it from this angle they are paying less than we are.
          Thank God you did the sums and by them $16000.00 I paid is about right, but why are the plumbers on this forum Quoting around $9000.00 they paid for their camera`s???

Tony

Comment

Different options maybe? Or they bought used, or from a seller that is not following the Ridgid MAPP policy. The Black & White SS Plus systems start at $6,950 (if the seller is complying with MAPP) for a 200' reel and monitor with no VCR. And in order to be listed in the Where To Buy section up top you have to comply with MAPP.

Comment

Different options maybe? Or they bought used, or from a seller that is not following the Ridgid MAPP policy. The Black & White SS Plus systems start at $6,950 (if the seller is complying with MAPP) for a 200' reel and monitor with no VCR. And in order to be listed in the Where To Buy section up top you have to comply with MAPP.
              It might seem a silly question but what is the Ridgid mapp policy.????

Tony

Comment

MAPP stands for Minimum Advertised Price Policy. In Ridgid's case, it is the lowest price that an internet retailer is allowed to advertise an item for. In the tool business Ridgid and DeWALT are the only companies that currently have a MAPP. Generally MAPPs are instituted to protect traditional distributors and show rooms since e-commerce businesses that do not have a traditional brick & mortar store have a lower overhead and can afford to accept lower margins. In the building & home improvement industry MAPPs are msot heavly used in the lighting and furniture industry, but with the housing downturn we are starting to see other industries pick up on the trend. /end threadjacking.

Comment

MAPP stands for Minimum Advertised Price Policy. In Ridgid's case, it is the lowest price that an internet retailer is allowed to advertise an item for. In the tool business Ridgid and DeWALT are the only companies that currently have a MAPP. Generally MAPPs are instituted to protect traditional distributors and show rooms since e-commerce businesses that do not have a traditional brick & mortar store have a lower overhead and can afford to accept lower margins. In the building & home improvement industry MAPPs are msot heavly used in the lighting and furniture industry, but with the housing downturn we are starting to see other industries pick up on the trend. /end threadjacking.
                  Thanks for the explaination but it sounds vary complicated

Tony

Comment

Working...
                  X