Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see snake cost

Hi,

Was looking to purchase a colour see snake with 200Ft reel and monitor with the DVD and have been quoted $17,000 inc GST (Aussie dollars about $15,500 US) i know the gear is top notch as we have a B&W see snake but this price seems way over the top considering how cheap LCD and dvd recording gear is these days, is this about what you guys pay in the US or are we being stiffed in Oz
    Thanks,

Tobes

Re: see snake cost

Originally posted by tobes View Post
    Hi,

Was looking to purchase a colour see snake with 200Ft reel and monitor with the DVD and have been quoted $17,000 inc GST (Aussie dollars about $15,500 US) i know the gear is top notch as we have a B&W see snake but this price seems way over the top considering how cheap LCD and dvd recording gear is these days, is this about what you guys pay in the US or are we being stiffed in Oz
    Thanks,

Tobes
    sorry, but we are under $9,000. ntsc format.

might be a good reason to visit us here in the states and bring one back

we have the roundup coming up june 4th.

welcome to the forum

there is enough new members from australia, that we might need to have a down under roundup

rick.

i
    phoebe it is

Comment

At that price, I could hand deliver you one and you'd still come out ahead.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Tobes

In February I bought a Ridgid Seesnake plus 200' self leveling colour camera for $9,451 and a LCD monitor with a DVD recorder for $6,000.00 all up $15,451.00 which I thought was a rip off when the Aussie dollar is around 90cents to the US dollar, and comparing the prices Rick and others in this forum tell us, it just makes you think how much profit the Aussie subsiduary of Ridgid makes for its parent company.
        I know it is tax deductable but one has to find the monies up front Ridgid

Tony

Comment

And another thing the only differance between the Seesnake exported to Australia that I can see is that ours is the Pal system and the Aussie one takes 230-240 Volts where as the US one takes 130 Volts so I ask Josh to tell us Aussies why is the price we pay so high.

Tony

Comment

I,m hearing you there Tony, don't mind paying good price for a good product but that price is a bit much would take a fair few years to pay for itself as i would want one more for convienience than having to have one.
            Cheers for the info guys.

Tobes

Comment

Just looked at north state and a 230 volt color seesnake dvd system would cost 12k(US) A comparable 115 volt system would cost 10K (US). Why not buy a high quality transformer and save at least 1500?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Just looked at north state and a 230 volt color seesnake dvd system would cost 12k(US) A comparable 115 volt system would cost 10K (US). Why not buy a high quality transformer and save at least 1500?
                What is the voltage of appliances in the US.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  What is the voltage of appliances in the US.

Tony
                  115-120 volts. 60 cycles.

remember we also use the "ntsc" video standard and not the "pal" standard.

plus we drive on the right side of the road

rick.

p.s our large appliances/ electric dryer, ranges, central air, welders use 230-240 volts.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    115-120 volts. 60 cycles.

remember we also use the "ntsc" video standard and not the "pal" standard.

plus we drive on the right side of the road

rick.

p.s our large appliances/ electric dryer, ranges, central air, welders use 230-240 volts.
                    Your must be joking so you have two different voltages on for lite appliances and another for heavy useing appliances, as you are the main man why don`t you ask Josh to ask Ridgid why are Ridgid tools so cheap in the US compared with buying in Australia and else where???.

Now I know you won the battle for inderpendents Rick, but driving on the wrong side of the road has taken it a bit too far as only civilized people drive on the right hand side like we in Australia and the British who you wish deep down still ruled over you.

Tony

Tony

Comment

PS Rick
                      I meant to say the Left hand side of the road, now you are getting me confused.

Tony

Comment

i knew something was wrong and i had to reread my post about the side of the road.

as far as price goes, my first seesnake i bought before ridgid took over sales was $3000. back in the mid 90's. this was a 100 meter camera. black and white with a power supply and i supplied my own tv/vcr. at the time there was not a built in sonde.

so now with all the bells and whistles, the price is still not bad, considering the warranty and the quality of the ridgid camera system.

i would think that your import tax is a large reason why it's more expensive. also the 240 volt/ pal system is not our standard.

shop around or maybe it would be a good chance to come to the usa and meet us at the roundup. i'm sure there will be a vendor or 2 that will be thrilled to sell you a system that will work for your goofy standards

plus it a business write off to attend

or i could deliver 1 for a nice vacation.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          i knew something was wrong and i had to reread my post about the side of the road.

as far as price goes, my first seesnake i bought before ridgid took over sales was $3000. back in the mid 90's. this was a 100 meter camera. black and white with a power supply and i supplied my own tv/vcr. at the time there was not a built in sonde.

so now with all the bells and whistles, the price is still not bad, considering the warranty and the quality of the ridgid camera system.

i would think that your import tax is a large reason why it's more expensive. also the 240 volt/ pal system is not our standard.

shop around or maybe it would be a good chance to come to the usa and meet us at the roundup. i'm sure there will be a vendor or 2 that will be thrilled to sell you a system that will work for your goofy standards

plus it a business write off to attend

or i could deliver 1 for a nice vacation.

rick.
                          Your right Rick there is a 15% import tax on the camera and others but it still doesn`t add up so Ridgid must be still making a big profit on its tools it sells outside the US.

Tony

Comment

i would think shipping would add a nice upcharge. the shipping was around $600 to get my initial setup here. trucked from NY to Fl and then put on a cargo ship to here. i got a K-39 with accessoties, a K-50 with extra cables, and a K-75 with the whistles and bells. all on a pallet and shipped in one order.

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Dosen`t it just piss you off when Rick is always Right??????????/

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X