X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 325' See Snake in Los Angeles?

Our company needs to send a camera over 200' down a 4" stormdrain pipe in San Pedro. It has been push-rodded and there is an obstruction at 215' that we'd love to get a look at. If you have the capabilities and will come out there please send me an email.

Thanks,
    Kinnetic Laboratories
    chartman@kinneticlabs.com

Re: 325' See Snake in Los Angeles?

check your email.

your cell # is not working.

rick.

my jetter should have no problem getting to 215' and probably clearing the line.

i have a long enough camera, but no guarantees that the camera will push out to 215' depends on the condition and the amount of turns.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-14-2008, 09:01 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

GO RICK!!!!

To the rescue!

Take lots of pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i have a long enough camera, but no guarantees that the camera will push out to 215' depends on the condition and the amount of turns.

rick.
        Just a thought, why couldn't you attach your camera in front of your jetter with rear jets and use the jetter to propel the camera forward?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Just a thought, why couldn't you attach your camera in front of your jetter with rear jets and use the jetter to propel the camera forward?

you could try, but the jets will eat into the push rod of the cable if they come into contact from that close.

you would be better off to pull a string back with the jetter if you have a down stream access point.

usually with storm drains you do. especially if they drain to the street.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

Ben, I've been doing that for years. Duct taping the camera behind the nozzle to push the camera down stream, or upstream if needed. Never had a problem doing that. The other way you can do it is go up stream if the access is there with the jetter, to the point you need to access for camering the line. Then tape the camera to the jet hose and pull out the jet hose. But never had a problem with taping it the hose itself. I do it alot when im cutting tree roots out on a far run with the Warthog.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
              Ben, I've been doing that for years. Duct taping the camera behind the nozzle to push the camera down stream, or upstream if needed. Never had a problem doing that. The other way you can do it is go up stream if the access is there with the jetter, to the point you need to access for camering the line. Then tape the camera to the jet hose and pull out the jet hose. But never had a problem with taping it the hose itself. I do it alot when im cutting tree roots out on a far run with the Warthog.
              yes, it works well for me too when I don't have access to the far end of a long run
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
              X