X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake Flatpack?

Does anyone use the Seesnake Flatpack? If so, what are your experiences?

J.C.

Re: Seesnake Flatpack?

Bump...I would like to know as well.

Comment

With all due respect to the SeeSnake line I believe if you are going to use a sewer camera professionally you should save your money and hold out and start with a mini and after you've made some money with it go to the full size. The mini will get the majority of what you need to do and the full-size will get the longer laterals.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

What is the flatpack considered? A step up from the mini?

Comment

I would say the bottom goes from SeeSnake FlatPack to SeeSnake Compact to Mini-SeeSnake Plus to SeeSnake Plus. The FlatPack and the Compact max out at 100', The Mini max out at 200' and the Full size comes in both 200' and 325'. A realistic push through a line with fittings is about 100' for the Mini. I am sure the FlatPack and Compact are less than that. All of them will work for you but if you figure out what you want to do with it it would be easier to give you some insight.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            I would say the bottom goes from SeeSnake FlatPack to SeeSnake Compact to Mini-SeeSnake Plus to SeeSnake Plus. The FlatPack and the Compact max out at 100', The Mini max out at 200' and the Full size comes in both 200' and 325'. A realistic push through a line with fittings is about 100' for the Mini. I am sure the FlatPack and Compact are less than that. All of them will work for you but if you figure out what you want to do with it it would be easier to give you some insight.

Mark
            Ditto that I have the compact and the mini and even though the mini has 200' of line when used in cast iron or clay I can only get around 100' the pushrod is to small and it stops dead in it's tracks. While my regular see snake plus's go out 200' if needed (with some work) my 325' is a waste in these as 200 it about it but I keep it around for pvc and abs pipe. The smaller seesnakes do have the advantage in light weight and they can go in the smaller lines under 3" If the majority of your work is in 3" and larger I would go straight for the fullsize even a Black and white unit to get you started.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Camera residential lines. Max would be 100'.

Comment

My farthest push with my mini was 179' and that was in 50' of CI then 129' of pvc. I remember going through quite a number of bends, 45's, no 90's though. The way to do it is to use lot's of water to flush the camera downstream easier.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                X