X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated; calling all camera techs

I have a recurring problem with a mini color toolcase. It is about 2 years old. It has been back to Ridgid at least 3 times with this problem. Got it back again a few days ago and yesterday it worked for half a job then quit.

When I turn the dimmer switch to locate, the little satellite icon comes up on the screen, but the diodes on the camera head wink out and do not come back on, and I have no transmit signal. It has had mutiple dimmer switches replaced, and a new av board.

I have 2 toolcases, one of the aluminum boxes, two mini color reels, a b/w camera, and 500' of the flexible wire, not a pushrod, that I use with a skid for long lines. All cameras/reel work on other toolcase and silver box. None work with the problem toolcase. Hence I believe the prob is in the tool case.

The only reason I wasn't absolutly screwed out of hours of work getting 500' of cable pulled through a line to camera, locate, and record yesterday was that I have learned not to trust this box, and had the others with me. I got semi-screwed anyway as I switched to the other toolcase and found out after the fact it has decided not to record audio.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The second tool case has developed an odd thing where it gives me a blue screen unless the power for the vcr is turned on... hit the power button on the vcr and it sorts out and works. Also it is apparently not recording audio anymore, though that is new and the blue screen/vcr power thing has been going on a while. Anyone seen this before?

I am bringing all to roundup and hope to get some resolution to this there. If I cannot, I'm giving up, its all going on ebay, and I am going with another brand. The stuff is worthless to me if I can't expect it to work. Sorry for the semi-rant... I'm just so frustrated.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Frustrated; calling all camera techs

ace, i'm not sure if bringing it to the roundup is going to achive results.

you might want to call and see about sending it in early so that maybe you can have it repaired and take it home with you after you give it a once over.

i believe that the seesnakes are still serviced in san diego, ca.

a call would be better than a post

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The only ToolCase issues I have had with my two were a dead battery, a remote stuck in the VCR and a lost signal to the screen.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        The only ToolCase issues I have had with my two were a dead battery, a remote stuck in the VCR and a lost signal to the screen.

Mark
        Please tell me one of the grandkids did this and not one of your guys
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          Please tell me one of the grandkids did this and not one of your guys
          No as far as I am concerned it is a design flaw of the ToolCase. They store the remote using Velcro directly over the door to the VCR. When the black case of the ToolCase gets hot the glue on the Velcro gives up the ghost and the remote drops into the door of the VCR. Then when you attempt to insert a tape it will not work so you call Tech Service and they say "oh I bet the remote dropped into the VCR door". Then you say "oh maybe I will get rid of the remote I've never used" and the problem is solved.

Mark

Comment

Just got a call from Aaron in San Diego, maybe an hour after original post. He was forwarded the post. Discussed at length and have a plan. Astounded at the response, a big thank you to whoever forwarded and to Aaron. This forum is an amazing resource. The best.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

aaron was the guy i was referring to when i said san diego.

it was probably josh that forwarded the post to him.

aaron is also a moderator on the forum.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

KUDOS to the SeeSnake guys. They have always been there when I needed them and I have always been able to call them from the field to get a response. It always helps when you're on a job wondering what to do next and you know they are only a phone call away.

Mark

Comment

Reading Ace's post made me wonder. How often do you repair your sewer camera? And at what average cost?

J.C.

Comment

My total cost in the last 10-years of using SeeSnakes is an $80 shipping fee.

Mark

Comment

Mark ,can You explain those handsome Lads in Your Photo ?
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                        Reading Ace's post made me wonder. How often do you repair your sewer camera? And at what average cost?

J.C.
                        2-3 times a year for the past 5 or 6 years.

Never less than $300 some over $500

Started with 300 feet of line; down to under 200 now

Yes, it's a Ridgid SeeSnake

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Mark ,can You explain those handsome Lads in Your Photo ?
                          Rather than going OT I updated my Avatar post with the info.

http://67.212.161.167/~bennettf/foru...601#post140601

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            2-3 times a year for the past 5 or 6 years.

Never less than $300 some over $500

Started with 300 feet of line; down to under 200 now

Yes, it's a Ridgid SeeSnake
                            Wow is this all stuff that happened while you were using the equipment?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                              Wow is this all stuff that happened while you were using the equipment?

Mark
                              You seen surprised

No the problem is we have several gorillas that don't understand how to use the equipment properly.

They use the monitor as a seat to eat lunch. Try to clear stoppages with it. Push it around 3" traps and 2" 90's. It's NOT a mini

Then put it back in the tool locker broken and say nothing. I grab it for a job only to find out that it doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X