X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $20 lateral launch system

Located a 4" service for a builder today. Main had been saddled and the service run to to the lot, capped, buried and lost. They had scratched around for a while and given up. Only access from the 8" main, via the saddle, about 15' upstream of the manhole. Cut 1 1/2" pvc into sections I could lay in the invert, put a 90 on the end, strung them all on the camera pushrod, then assembled it with no hubs piece by piece as I shoved it up the main. Got the camera pointed at the saddle, and away we go, 100' to the cap in the lot. Locate, one scoop with hoe on edge of area they had been trying to find it, and we hit gravel. Scratch with shovel a minute and there it is. It was soooo slick.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: The $20 lateral launch system

great idea.

we would never be caught dead going into a manhole to pull that stunt.

even popping a manhole cover is a

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Good job.Were you concerened.It almost sounds like someone had a lot riding on this one.

Comment

Thanks Ace. I don't know how I missed this post the first time around but I have a job in the morning where this might do just the trick.
        THANKS FOR SHARING!
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
        X