Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: micro ss

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
    Hey i tried to prove it to you guys. All those Ridgid toys there and you couldnt find me a micro
    I found it interesting that when we were touring the school house I asked the head of the SeeSnake department about getting the new head through a toilet he said they had not even tried it

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
      I found it interesting that when we were touring the school house I asked the head of the SeeSnake department about getting the new head through a toilet he said they had not even tried it

The new head is not going to do it, at least i cant do it. Its to flimsy. With the regular head, once you get it setup, you can manuever it thru..Its not a bang bang play though, it takes a few mins.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
        The new head is not going to do it, at least i cant do it. Its to flimsy. With the regular head, once you get it setup, you can manuever it thru..Its not a bang bang play though, it takes a few mins.
        I found twisting it seemed to start it, but the thought of having it stuck changed my mind real quick.

Comment

making a spring loaded camera head would allow for it's passage through the toilet trap.

take my words, if you build it, they will sell.

fortunatly the new and old camera heads fit the same micro monitor.

so when the spring loaded head is finally designed, it will still fit our micro monitors.

now if you need me to design it and make a prototype. i can and will.

then i'll be the rich one

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            making a spring loaded camera head would allow for it's passage through the toilet trap.
            I made something last night that works like a charm. No modification to the micro needed. Can't talk about it anymore-G17 classified
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              I made something last night that works like a charm. No modification to the micro needed. Can't talk about it anymore-G17 classified
              me too

k-60 classified

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I just got mine on Weds. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I will start a new thread when I break it's cherry.

Bogart

Comment

I just used my micro for the first time. Sewer flies in a 4 unit apartment. Lots of dead flies clustered by the tub drains. I stuck in down the tub overflows and verified the traps were wet. Then I noticed a hole in the base behind one of the toilets, I stuck the mini thru the hole and was in the plumbing wall. Tons of sewer flies back there. I told the owner to have a carpenter lined up, I will come back when he opens the wall and repair what is broken. The landlord was really impressed with me for having the micro, and not bashing holes in the wall.

Comment

Does the micro come with a mirror attachment for the end? You might not have to make the first bend in the toilet trap if you could see over it.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

yes, it comes with a mirror.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I am considering this item for my next shop tool. I thought it would be useful to check commodes for pens and plastic spoons without removing them. I tripped over this thread gathering info and was saddened to see that it's tricky to get the head through the trap. A thought occurred to maybe snake a piece of suitably sized plastic conduit or 'smurf tube' through first then snake the head through the tube. What do you think?

Still on the fence to get it or wait for the new version someone here mentioned.

EG

Poo Master

Comment

Working...
                        X