X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact Color SeeSnake Review Pt1

Just got my Compact SeeSnake and this is my initial findings.

Overall I’d give the unit a 97.5 rating. Nicely constructed, solidly (overall) built, and ergonomically sound.

Initial issues:
    * I can’t believe the cheapness of the AC power setup. Please, a bloody wall wart? I see this as being one of the 1st things to crap out. How much more would it have been to add a proper power cable, plug and supply? I wasn’t planning to rely on battery (DC) power for daily operations but now that seems like a reality.

* After viewing the video that came with the unit I would like to see the camera interconnect cable with the guide pin marked on the cable. That whole setup seems better than what was shipped with my camera. Bold letters saying TOP and a nodule in the same plane really make sense. Less chances of an oops occurring.

* The frame’s kickstand. What’s up with this? It seems to have 2 positions. All the way up or all the way down. Am I missing something? It seems like a good idea but not very functional.

* As someone that has worked with broadcast type video cameras it would be nice to have the ability to fine tweak the signal a bit. Maybe be able to raise or lower the clipper if necessary; adjust the knee, colorimetry, etc.

Initial plusses:
    * Three thumbs up for colorimetry, contrast ratio, and depth of focus. SUPERB!!

* Very good training video. Well done.

* Ease of controls.

so far i'm very happy but i will have a ton of questions. so to you guys (and gals?) that have these i aplolgize in advance for buggin' y'all but this is how i learn.... and actual hands on use.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: Compact Color SeeSnake Review Pt1

Thanks for the review. I am curious how far you can push it in 4" pipe.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Re: Compact Color SeeSnake Review Pt1

don't know but as soon as i do i'll let you know. i'm suer the type and condition of pipe and any bends will make a difference.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
      X