Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and Tricks

Hello Everyone:

Wanted to ask you all for any tips and tricks you may have for using a SeeSnake system. We are updating and hopefully adding onto the existing tips and tricks section of the product video. The original had contibutions from pros and I just wanted to invite any and all of you to share any clever ways you use the SeeSnake products.

Thanks!

Re: Tips and Tricks

All comments apply to the mini as that is what I have. At least some of these are commonplace/well known already.

Pool noodles or the equivalent make a nice raft to flot the camera in a large flowing line, such as a main. chunks of blueboard taped around the noodle can float you up higher if necessary.

Whiffle balls, golf whiffle balls, kid's toy plastic bowling balls, etc make nice ball guides in various sizes. Find a copper fitting the right diameter for your camera head, heat it up and melt holes in ball, then pass camera thru and tape ball in place.

Amazing things can be done with a piece of string tied to the camera end... pull string to bend camera for the poor man's pan feature, or to bend it into the line you want to go into at a junction.

A length of 1 1/2" electrical conduit with a 90 sweep on the end makes a nice way to shove the camera up a line from a manhole without getting in the manhole. This works nice with jetter hose too.

With no other access, I have camera'ed (and jetted) up services from the main when they are near (within 10' or 20') a manhole by stringing chunks of 1 1/2" pvc short enough to lay in the invert on the camera with a 90 on the end, then no-hubbing them together as I shove them up the main. The 90 directs you towards the saddle; shove into the service when you see it on the screen.

Runs of pipe outrageously long for the mini can be video'ed in situations where you have an access at either end of the run by washing a string through and using it to pull the camera in, on a skid if necessary.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
      All comments apply to the mini as that is what I have. At least some of these are commonplace/well known already.

Pool noodles or the equivalent make a nice raft to flot the camera in a large flowing line, such as a main. chunks of blueboard taped around the noodle can float you up higher if necessary.

Whiffle balls, golf whiffle balls, kid's toy plastic bowling balls, etc make nice ball guides in various sizes. Find a copper fitting the right diameter for your camera head, heat it up and melt holes in ball, then pass camera thru and tape ball in place.

Amazing things can be done with a piece of string tied to the camera end... pull string to bend camera for the poor man's pan feature, or to bend it into the line you want to go into at a junction.

A length of 1 1/2" electrical conduit with a 90 sweep on the end makes a nice way to shove the camera up a line from a manhole without getting in the manhole. This works nice with jetter hose too.

With no other access, I have camera'ed (and jetted) up services from the main when they are near (within 10' or 20') a manhole by stringing chunks of 1 1/2" pvc short enough to lay in the invert on the camera with a 90 on the end, then no-hubbing them together as I shove them up the main. The 90 directs you towards the saddle; shove into the service when you see it on the screen.

Runs of pipe outrageously long for the mini can be video'ed in situations where you have an access at either end of the run by washing a string through and using it to pull the camera in, on a skid if necessary.

Wow Alex that's good stuff...thanks

lol poor mans pan

Comment

used the rope floated down a 6'' line with running trap at a city dog pound today to pull from the trap to the c/o.

6'' had too much free play to make it through the trap and asst. combo's.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X