battery life?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery life?

i find the power supply/wall wart for my Color Compact to be really cheap looking and i see it being a liability. so i guess i'll be using battery power. what kind of life can i expext from a fully charged battery with the LEDs at full brightness? how about with the sonde energized as well?

data that i wish was published somewhere but i can't find

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: battery life?

When I had the B/W Compact I got a lot of hours use out of the battery, but I always had the power supply with me and charger, so if power was a hassle used the battery next job use the power supply etc. So I don't know how long I got but it seemed like a lot of use. But I always charged it on the weekend to start the week fresh.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

bump

no other replies?

how about it Ridgid folks. how long is the battery supposed to last?

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I've ran my unit at shows for 4 hours, full LED intensity on a battery. I've never timed it completely till it died though. Hope this gets you headed in the direction your looking.

Jeff

Comment

Also being a little more specific Mine had the Makita Battery (blue not the red) I think 14.4 volt what battery do you have? What comes stock on the unit? Is it a Ridgid battery? Almost all the people I have seen with the compact have Makita batteries. And if you want to run on just battery power then you need a couple batteries at least. Anyway a stated battery life only works in a perfect situation meaning fully discharged fully charged tempurture or even a good or bad cell to begin with. I think you using it in the field will be the altimate test.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i thought this would be a published spec.

i've got 2 red makita 14.4v batteries. i'm just looking for an "averge" time from a fully charged new condition battery. i'd hate to get on a job and suddenly run out of power.

my follow up question is regarding the wall wart power supply. any bad experiences. i just can't see this thing lasting. i swear my cell phone charger/supply is more heavy duty than this.

i'll probably get 2 more batteries and be ready ... just in case.

any recommendations for an inverter to charge them from the van?

steve

Comment

The factory power supply never gave me any problems. As for an inverter I bought a Coleman 1500 inverter because it had really good cooling (read the fan makes lots of noise) But it has a reset on it lots of the others don't have a reset. I use it for my cordless tool charging and my laptop and phone.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
              X