X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trojan Camera

I'm still struggling with paying 10K for a ridgid seesnake. Anyone had any experience with Trojan cameras?

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/Trojan%20Vision.pdf

I searched the forum for discussions but didn't find much.
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Re: Trojan Camera

after a year of research i came to the conclusion that for most small to medium canera systems Ridgid is the best. yes pricey but for what i do i'm glad i went with SeeSnake.

when i can afford it i'll get a 200ft reel for larger pipes but for now the Color Compact has been the missing tool i've really needed.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I agree with stxrus, the rigid seesnake we have was a great investment.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
        I'm still struggling with paying 10K for a ridgid seesnake. Anyone had any experience with Trojan cameras?

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/Trojan%20Vision.pdf

I searched the forum for discussions but didn't find much.
        You only payed 10K I payed 16 and haven`t looked back.

Tony

Comment

I have a trojan 1.0 that was aquired in a aquisition of another company. I also have the Ridgid seesnake. both are quite similar in my opinion as far as problems but the one feature that I like about the trojan is the 100 ft push rod on the built in reel under the unit. kinda handy to just carry one piece in for a short job. I have had the 2.0 demo and it has the same features only updated in a better carry case. Product support seems to be good also. Just my two cents I asked about the trojan also on this forum and recieved some good feedback. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            after a year of research i came to the conclusion that for most small to medium canera systems Ridgid is the best. yes pricey but for what i do i'm glad i went with SeeSnake.

when i can afford it i'll get a 200ft reel for larger pipes but for now the Color Compact has been the missing tool i've really needed.

steve
            Thanks for the input. Is it the missing tool you have needed due to ease of use, or because customers respond better to the picture quality/features as compared to another camera?
            spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

Spodelee,

i've been fairly successful in drain cleaning here. and while i have a great reputation i just never felt confidant i had totally cleared all lines. and obviously some i didn't. but the camera allows me to see what i'm up against (in some cases) and check out the completeness of jobs i feel uncertain about.

two examples:
              call back 11 weeks after clearing a blocked line between house and septic. retrieved very little on the cable/auger. nothing to show what caused the blockage. ran 15+ minutes of water, including flushing and running bath water, with good visual flow at the septic tank.

on call back i rerun the same cable/auger combo and find resistance at the same spot as before. checked flow at the tank and again good visual. ran the camera and VOILA root incursion at 45'. same place as the resistance. not a lot of roots but enough with reduced water flow (wife and kid gone for 30 days) solids and paper got caught and created a backup with resumed water usage.

cleared the roots, marked the location, and saw the pipe was clear all the way to the tank.

call about kitchen sink backup. 2 tub sink. 1 tub drains to gray water and the other (with disposal) is plumbed to septic. can't get through. feels like a T and can't make the bend. go to old stub from long gone sink and discover grease. MASSIVE GREASE plus food and other kitchen debris. run camera into both sides and use locator to pinpoint location. grease/food blockage about where the T is. visual ID as well as sonde ID.

conclusion: solid blockage because of not enough water and too much disposal abuse and an improper fitting to tie the the drain lines together. the fitting part was confirmed by soon to be ex-husband. he did the repipe and was proud it it.

on the 1st job i would have cleared as usual and gone on my merry way only to have it back up again and possibly loose a client. this is a rental handled by a property manager and i'm the 1st call guy. on the 2nd i'd have been there all day and probably still not cleared the line and the lady could not afford that $$$.

sorry for the long post.

steve
              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Be carefull with Trojan???? They have issues from what I hear from others in the industry.

Comment

Does Trojon Have a website with a forum to discuss there products and other's products?
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Welcome to the forum Snake Guy. Your almost local. Only 1.5 hrs away .

You'll have to stop by for the roundup next year.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                    X