Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improvement to the camera head

2 suggestions to make;
    -make a weight like a collar to go around the head to essentially make a "drop head camera". Going down a C/I san tee is not the easiest thing in world
    -Make the head more cone shaped. This would allow it to skip over offsets much easier.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Improvement to the camera head

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    2 suggestions to make;
    -make a weight like a collar to go around the head to essentially make a "drop head camera". Going down a C/I san tee is not the easiest thing in world

right and wrong. a san tee can be tuff when it's downstream.
    a weight is not the answer. a string will help or a smaller camera head/ mini will help.

-Make the head more cone shaped. This would allow it to skip over offsets much easier.
    the star shaped spacers are better for this than the ball shaped one. they tend to be more forgiving.

now a camera with a built in servo that will bend the camera would be a great idea. sort of like a poor mans pan and tilt camera

remember i said it first. it's my idea all the way to the bank

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

You might be on to something Rick.
      I use the string for, as you put it, a servo.
      I did find a pat/tilt camera. It only cost $28,000 and it is too big for 4" IMO.
      I still don't understand why a pan/tilt push camera is not on the market but a camera with the ability to "look" up, down, left, right and in a sense, steer itself around a bend??? Perfect!!!
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        You might be on to something Rick.
        I use the string for, as you put it, a servo.
        I did find a pat/tilt camera. It only cost $28,000 and it is too big for 4" IMO.
        I still don't understand why a pan/tilt push camera is not on the market but a camera with the ability to "look" up, down, left, right and in a sense, steer itself around a bend??? Perfect!!!
        remember who's idea it was first

waiting for the phone to ring

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

The string idea works to a certain point. It doesn't do so well in old C/I with lots of bends. Maybe you need to teach me some tricks cause I haven't had any luck in C/I. The weight would make the head point down following the fitting. Think of it like this. We want to inspect the path the water follows and water flows down. The camera head should follow the same path. The weight could be made in the same shape as the ball and could be used in it's place.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I like ricks idea.. like controlling the string trick at the point of attack. Executing on the idea is the trick though.
            Last edited by Josh; 07-08-2008, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Does the "pan" on the Micro Explorer basically just work as a digital zoom feature, moving side to side? I imagine some people are going to think the actual camera lens is going to be able to move to see different angles.
              Jay
              Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
              Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Working...
              X