X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Cam-fix it yourself camera

Does anyone have any opinions on this system? They claim any component is customer replaceable. This system doesn't sell monitors as anything could be used as a moniter from an ipod to a tv. Any thoughts?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Easy Cam-fix it yourself camera

This might be a good thing for ridgid to look at; make an adapter so any camera can use any monitor. Might be worth looking into.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i thought any SeeSnake camera would work qith any SeeSnake monitor. am i wrong?

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I'm talking about taking a seesnake and plugging it into a camcorder, ipod, tv, what ever you want. That's the claim easy cam has.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The SeeSnake Camera Control units have RCA plugs with audio and video out. This should easily allow you to use another monitor that has an Audio Video in port. Which monitor were you thinking of using?

TCY

Comment

Let me clarify. You could also use this to plug into a T.V. or Camcorder, Digital Video Recorder etc. As long as you have the video in port you can view the video on another monitor or record it and view it later.

TCY

Comment

Ben, I took a look at the easycam site. They are over promising on what you can plug the thing into. You cant use an ipod as a display... or at least I have no idea how you would make that work. As far as plugging into a laptop you would also need a capture card built in or installed on the laptop to be able to transfer the display to the screen. And yes you could plug a vcr or dvd recorder directly into the easycam but ya still need to be able to see whats down the pipe. Need some type of monitor.

All our monitors provide the same capability... easycam just takes the monitor out of the equation and allows you to "roll your own".

Josh

Comment

years ago the pre ridgid seesnake, even the early see snakes had an optional power pack. this was nothing more than a power box with lighting controls and rca jacks.

i still have 2 of them.

this would allow you to buy your own tv/ vcr like i did in the real early days.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  Ben, I took a look at the easycam site. They are over promising on what you can plug the thing into. You cant use an ipod as a display... or at least I have no idea how you would make that work. As far as plugging into a laptop you would also need a capture card built in or installed on the laptop to be able to transfer the display to the screen. And yes you could plug a vcr or dvd recorder directly into the easycam but ya still need to be able to see whats down the pipe. Need some type of monitor.

All our monitors provide the same capability... easycam just takes the monitor out of the equation and allows you to "roll your own".

Josh
                  I hear what you're saying but a lot of people want to buy seesnake but can't afford one. If they could buy just the reel and supply their own monitor, the seesnake would look more affordable. The monitor cost 1500 to 4k for what is essentially a souped up tv. Do I love my seesnake, HELL YES!! Would I buy anything else? HELL NO, but I got lucky with my camera and bought it from a friend. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford one. I could see buying just the reel at 6k and using it with a standard tv. It sounds like from what Rick and Steve(all clear) is that this technology used to exist, why not bring it back?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    If they could buy just the reel and supply their own monitor, the seesnake would look more affordable. The monitor cost 1500 to 4k for what is essentially a souped up tv.
                    the monitor/CCU is more than just a glorified tv. it takes the signal from the camera head and processes it for display. it's what contro;s thae colorimetry, contrast, brifgtness, gain, cilpper, etc. it's actually a video processor. it also converts the signal for external display or recording. the camera head by itself is just the camera head. a lens and light sensor that feeds the fiber optic cable into the CCU. there the majic is worked

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Would it still send power to the transmitter in the camera head?

Comment

no

steve

Comment

Don't confuse us with details.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It's my fault

I asked a yes or no question and I guess I got my answer

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              It's my fault

I asked a yes or no question and I guess I got my answer
                              an outboard monitor/TV/ipod/laptop, etc will not send power to the camera head or activate the sonde.

i figures this was understood. my bad

for anybody at RiDGID, is there any way to get a schematic of the color compact system? strictly for educational purposes. i promise no electrons will be injured in any way.

steve

Comment

Working...
                              X