Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Micro__ Is your image upside down ?

I've handled three of these suckers and the images were upside-down on all three.

Two of them have been returned because of (other) defects, but why should you have to 'tweak' the thing every time you unzip the bag and unroll it just to get the image right side up?

Are plumbers accustomed to seeing the image this way?

Ridgid doesn't think it's worth their time to reply to the e-mail I sent ten days ago . .

Re: SS Micro__ Is your image upside down ?

sorry to say it but the micro is not a self leveling camera.

the 3' push rod assy is capable of twisting if needed to 180 degrees to right it. cant you just rotate the handle 180 to see it right side up?

rick.

by the way, this forum will answer your question almost as fast as you post them

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

. . . . the 3' push rod assy is capable of twisting if needed to 180 degrees to right it. cant you just rotate the handle 180 to see it right side up?
      When you rotate the handle 180, the camera also rotates, so the image is always inverted. I've been twisting it 180 degrees several times per day (as was mentioned by people at my local service center) and the camera finally gave me the "Blue Screen of Death". Seems the wire broke off the camera, because the LED's still work but the camera now has to be wiggled to work, and then it's only in the upside-down mode.

I'm an alarm installer, and if I wanted to look at a backwards image, I'd just go back to using a Dollar Store mirror.

My question is: Does anybody around here own an SS Micro that works properly (out of the box) without major tWiStInG to get the image correct?

:?:
      Last edited by Quirky; 07-09-2008, 12:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Quirky View Post
        When you rotate the handle 180, the camera also rotates, so the image is always inverted. I've been twisting it 180 several times per day (as was mentioned by people at my local service center) and the camera finally gave me the "Blue Screen of Death". Seems the wire broke off the camera, because the LED's still work but the camera now has to be wiggled to work, and then it's only in the upside-down mode.

I'm an alarm installer, and if I wanted to look at a backwards image, I'd just go back to using a Dollar Store mirror.

My question is: Do any of the SS Micro's work properly (out of the box) without major tWiStInG to get the image correct?

I own four micros and have never noticed a problem with them. It is possible they all function as yours does and I am just use to it as that's how all of the SeeSnake sewer cameras are (except for the self-leveling). The new Explore which is being released soon does have an auto up feature amongst many other upgrades.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Quirky View Post
          When you rotate the handle 180, the camera also rotates, so the image is always inverted.

My question is: Do any of the SS Micro's work properly (out of the box) without major tWiStInG to get the image correct?

it's only inverted if you want the handle to be at the bottom. rotating the monitor with the camera will correct the 180 degree problem

how important is the image being on top? with sewers i just look at the water flow to tell me bottom.

i have 2 micros and you get used to how to position it by marking the top of camera and then inserting it.

they sell a replacement camera with 3' extension for less than $100.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

. . . . . they sell a replacement camera with 3' extension for less than $100.

rick.
            I know the 3' extensions are about $80 in Canada, haven't heard about the replacement camera here yet.

Comment

Quirky... sounds like the unit isnt malfunctioning. The camera is in a fixed position (not self leveling) so the image isnt always oriented with the ground down. The micro EXPLORER will do that..

Josh

Comment

sorry to say it but the micro is not a self leveling camera.

the 3' push rod assy is capable of twisting if needed to 180 degrees to right it. cant you just rotate the handle 180 to see it right side up?

rick.

by the way, this forum will answer your question almost as fast as you post them

rick.
                Make sure to NOT grab the head of the camera! Grab the cable leading from the handle to the head , with the handle in your other hand, then twist.

I've heard of the image "walking" back to the incorrect display. If that happens, go in the opposite direction, until the image is rightside up again, as the wires inside the cable have been twisted.
                Last edited by cdepp2003; 07-18-2008, 11:07 AM. Reason: mispelling

Comment

Mine does as you say, that is the image is not always right side up in relation to the handle. BUT, it is not malfunctioning, that is the nature of the beast with the type of cable and head used. You can't rotate that goose neck cable around its axis without damaging it, its not designed to do that.

I'd like to see this new Explorer that Mark and Josh are talking about.

Josh, how far off is this new camera and do you have anything up on the web site about it?
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18888
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i did the same as the others by twisting the cable a little so it is right side up then took a paint marker and painted the top of the cable so i know what side is up
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                        Quirky... sounds like the unit isnt malfunctioning. The camera is in a fixed position (not self leveling) so the image isnt always oriented with the ground down. The micro EXPLORER will do that..

Josh
                        Hey Josh I keep looking at the SS Micro every time I go Into Home Depot or Wolff Brothers Supply. Keep finding new reasons to get one but have not yet as waiting for the New Improved version to hit the shelves. Any idea on when we will see it on the market ?

Comment

Can't give an exact date yet on the forum. Getting close though.

Comment

Josh,

Is the smaller head available yet? The place I have seen it online they list it as a pre-order.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              Can't give an exact date yet on the forum. Getting close though.
                              Thanks Josh

Comment

Working...
                              X