The new micro explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new micro explorer

guys, it's a win, win situation for us and ridgid.

they provide this forum and we share ideas.

i'm sure other manufactures have a spy or 2 watching this forum very closely.

by the way, remember all the round up t-shirts that were given out
    or all the pin up calendars

and lets not forget about the roundup they put on.

it was open to all who wanted to attend or enter a video.

i can tell you this.

josh used up a lifetime of his company charge card

i hope his new position as seesnake dept. head will get him a new charge card for next years roundup

book early as you already know what you missed

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      guys, it's a win, win situation for us and ridgid.

they provide this forum and we share ideas.

i'm sure other manufactures have a spy or 2 watching this forum very closely.

by the way, remember all the round up t-shirts that were given out
      or all the pin up calendars

and lets not forget about the roundup they put on.

it was open to all who wanted to attend or enter a video.

i can tell you this.

josh used up a lifetime of his company charge card

i hope his new position as seesnake dept. head will get him a new charge card for next years roundup

book early as you already know what you missed

rick.
      So true! Words of wisdom like this usually come from Mark!

Comment

Dumb question, I know. But all Explorer presales show what appears to be a B/W image imposed on the screen. So, is the Explorer in color?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Dumb question, I know. But all Explorer presales show what appears to be a B/W image imposed on the screen. So, is the Explorer in color?

Thanks.

J.C.
          Yes the Explorer is color.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

When it comes to new products from Ridgid, I'm somewhat jaded of late.
            Having purchased the micro with the primary use in mind for checking clogged toilets, I was disappointed the head wouldn't get through the trap.

I'd have thought that to be common sense, brought pause to wonder who is designing the tools with what end user in mind.

It has come in handy, by and large it's more an elaborate extended flashlight for looking into tight spaces than a drain tool.

I'll hang back and read user reviews on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Hmmm... you think we actually pay attention to what people post on here

Sorry, I musta been stone drunk when I wrote that.
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Looks like they listened about the hard case.

It doesn't appear that that head will go through a toilet trap. Although I don't think I would want to ram a 700.00 tool through it.

I am really looking forward to this tool. I'll probably wait a month or two after they come out to see it they have any problems.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Does anyone know when these are going to be avialable?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    When it comes to new products from Ridgid, I'm somewhat jaded of late.
                    Having purchased the micro with the primary use in mind for checking clogged toilets, I was disappointed the head wouldn't get through the trap.

I'd have thought that to be common sense, brought pause to wonder who is designing the tools with what end user in mind.

It has come in handy, by and large it's more an elaborate extended flashlight for looking into tight spaces than a drain tool.

I'll hang back and read user reviews on this one.
                    I agree. Usb ports, videos, pictures to me those are just bells and whistles. Make it go through a toilet trap and then it will be worth the added price. I'll say it again It should go through a toilet trap
                    I may have been the 1st guy to own a micro in west Mi. I use it daily, but the only worth while improvement would be for it to go through a toilet trap.

Comment

I thought they made a new head the would go in to the trap of a W/C???
                      I`ll go look for that topic.
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I saw the Explorer at the pumper show too. Also saw the optional new camera head that is smaller and will pass the traps. I wont be getting the new system but will get the smaller head for my micro. They also have longer sections than 3' now.
                        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I have ordered the 9.5 mm head to replace the broken head on a unit I traded a friend for a new unbroken one I had. I guess that's the price we pay sometimes for convincing friends to buy something. Now that the Explorer is being released I will not buy another Micro. I am excited to see if the 9.5 mm head will also fit the Explorer and how much light you lose.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            available from north state http://www.northstate.com/ridgid/index.html catalog number-RG360063 for $690. I can't wait to buy this. Anyone want to buy a used micro? lol
                            Hey Ben I'll give you $25 cash for the USED Micro. Think of all the money you will be saving by not having to pay ALL that eBay commission. I'll also give you a couple dollars for shipping.
                            ________
                            Volcano Vaporizers
                            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM.
                            Mike

Comment

Let's wait until i get the new explorer. How about this, buy me dinner at the next roundup and I'll consider that fair trade but I get to choose the resturant. Hope you like sushi.
                              Last edited by gear junkie; 09-10-2008, 04:55 PM.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sushi, I'll just have to wear my nose plugs
                                ________
                                LINCOLN MKR
                                Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:17 PM.
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X