28.57%
    50%
    21.43%
    75%
    7.14%
    100%
    28.57%

Re: SeeSnake Poll

since i just got my Color Compact recently and don't have recording capabilities, yet i really can't vote. but of the times i've used it (probably a dozen) i'd have recorded 3 times had i had the ability.

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I no longer record

We have an older B&W SeeSnake that used to record to VHS

Then practically overnight no one had a VHS player anymore

Then we went to coverting to DVD and that became a hassle after a while so we gave up on recording. Very few customers ask about keeping a copy but if they do I sub it out to a competiture who has a DVD SeeSnake. How long before no one has a DVD player?

The camera doesn't go out unless we suspect there is a problem with the sewer. With nearly half of our service work through management companies by the time we do the camera inspection, copy to DVD, and send to management or homeowner too much time has past. The whole process needs to be sped up so critical decisions can be made on repairs/replacements

We are in the market for a new system but after shopping camera technology around not much out there impresses me within our budget

Comment

what i'm trying to get is the Archos 605/30 gig with travel adaptor to record on. i can then take the video and download it to the laptop and add titles and voice over as needed. then i can burn a DVD for the client. my goal is to do video inspections for those interested in buying a home or commercial property.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Every time I do an inspection, I ask the customer if they want a tape and they usually say no. The usual reason is they don't have vhs anymore.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

99% of the time i record the line. there have only been a couple of instances that the customer didn't have a vcr and 1 didn't have a tv

the tape is only $1.00 and it's the real proof of your findings.

even if the line is totally plugged and black. there is still an intro and plenty of info on the tape that can be recorded with a voice over.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

It's like the old saying "why hike to the summit of 珠穆朗玛峰 and not bring your camera.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                It's like the old saying "why hike to the summit of 珠穆朗玛峰 and not bring your camera.

Mark
                well im hiking MT Washington in 2 weeks so i should bring a camera
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I'll record if I'm trying to document something, either for the customer or for myself. Often I camera to locate a septic tank, or just to put my mind at rest about a line, or to see if there is another access to a line, or to verify distances for a line I will be maintenance jetting regularly. In these cases I don't usually record.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Good stuff.

Comment

I have gotten in the habit of putting everything on DVD, if anything else, in my mind, because I have my Logo and company info on the DVD, it is another way to market my customer.

This reason, plus the multitude of others that have already been mentioned.
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                      X