X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it just gets better

every time i use the camera i can't believe i didn't have one earlier. the price point was a main factor but what a great tool.

BTW, someone asked about pushing the Color Compact through a 4" CI pipe. i ran 76' 8" into 4" CI with 2 45 turns. no issues until the offset and upturned pipe (large Mango tree about 15' away from the pipe). couldn't make the jump, but i was afraid to push too hard. anyway with water flowing for 20+ minutes the client was happy the line was cleared, especially when he saw the water flow in the pipe.

heck, i gues i need a 200' heavy pushrod next. hell, it's omly $$$$$$$$$$

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: it just gets better

My seesnake came with rollers for 6" and above, I can push it 200' no problem, even without them, I run water down the drain and catch the "Wave"

My mini seesnake, a bit hard once I get out over 100' in cast, so I do the same, I run water.

Run the water, push all the way out, and then locate and record coming back, it is easier.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

had water running but couldn't negotiate the "lip". i'll try the star and ball risers one day. maybe if the head was "up" it would have made the jump. i don't know.

anyway the client is happy, i'm happy, and i'm heading to the pool with martini #2 and my honey.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I am new to this blog and I noticed you were talking about just buying a camera. I am looking a the the compact and the flatpack. what I read it appears they are very similar it looks like the lighting on the flatpack is better than the compact I cant find anyone close who has one for me to demo has anyone used these two units that would have an opinion on which would be better also what about color compared to b&w?

all help greatly appreciated!

Comment

What type and size of pipe are you expecting to inspect?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
            had water running but couldn't negotiate the "lip". i'll try the star and ball risers one day. maybe if the head was "up" it would have made the jump. i don't know.

anyway the client is happy, i'm happy, and i'm heading to the pool with martini #2 and my honey.

steve

The lips or offsets will always be a problem, I use a hose and all the water in the house and get a "running" start. you will be fine.

My biggest problem is those "floaters" getting hung up coming out of a comby, pain in the ars and I have already broken a few.

waiting for ridgid to change the design.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

4" and smaller will be 99% of our work

Comment

Smarkman, you can request a demo and a salesman will bring one out to show you. http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Product-...t/EN/index.htm

Josh

Comment

I'd recommend the mini seesnake color with a 200' reel. Camera inspections can be your big money makers and are often involved in rescue attempts(cable stuck/broken). Saving money on one isn't always in your best long term interest.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That was me that asked about the C.I.

Thanks for the update.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

How long does it normally take to get a demo? Is there a big advantage to color over b&w?
                      Thanks

Comment

Smark, I can let your salesman know personally if you want. Otherwise if you just go through the demo request you should get a call within a few days.

PM me with your phone and address if you want me to push one through for you.

Josh

Comment

Did you ever get a demo of the flatpack?

Comment

I don't think the flatpack has sold very many units compared to the fullsize even with lower cost. I bet they get phased out and if that happens parts might become hard to get someday. The mini on the other hand has sold a lot of units and I think is a better bet if going small. By the way I don't have ridgids sales data I am basing this on 2 years of watching ebay and craigslist.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Working...
                            X