he's a die hard drain man and a great guy
    i need to wipe my nose clean now

rick.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Seesnake aint that great!

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
      I just lost my monitor also---so instead of dumping aton of money i did this-- bought a cheap laptop--$400--downloaded power producer and power director took connector off junk monitor and wired into a power box--from box ran video cable to laptop---now i use the laptop to record and i can have a dvd burnt in less than 2 minutes . The owner of our company knows the pres of ridgid and the pres wanted to see for himself ---came to our shop last week and i popped a cleanout and camera'd the line as usual and burnt a dvd quick
      he was pretty impressed and i was proud---he then handed me a micro explorer and i was even more proud--moral is you can avoid buying a monitor that is only used for seesnake---i use my laptop for scheduling,internet,seesnaking,this forum---and i did not spend much money---if your not good with wiring take it to a computer geek and tell him what you want it to do----i saved myself a lot of cash and its alot smaller and the picture is better

bought a nice case and it goes everywhere----if you want to know more--pm me -- i will take pics and post them as soon as i figure out how to do it:d:d:d:d:d:d
      need step by step instructions and lots of pictures.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have had really good experience with the Ridgid warranty and my SeeSnake stuff. The only exception was when I received one of my new Toolcase monitors it had a bad battery and Ridgid was back ordered on them. The battery was readily available online so I paid the $17 rather than wait for one from Ridgid.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Hey In All seriousness I didn't get it wet but thats how it's playing out which is what makes me mad, do I call supervisors over what the drones are telling me on the phone? "We found moisiture to bad" Wait no you didn't wake up I was nicer to my LCD then my kids (joke) I Know crt monitors and I know LCD you must be very carefull grasshopper . But oh well things break but it wasn't moisture it was a bad connection or just plain bad LCD screen. But over all I really like Ridgid stuff compared to the rest. What I did learn was I should not have tried to play in the big leagues if I could not afford it, better to have 2 crt / vcr's then one bad newest lcd monitor for back up I have been down for nearly 2 months on this and stalling jobs out, I just learned a lesson on this one. Welcome to the jungle!
          Last edited by Cuda; 07-24-2008, 03:03 AM.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I would be more than deeply disturbed if this happened to me, especially chucking out $1500 and two months down time on a product that would make me a significant amount of money in its use.

One of the main reasons I've never ventured into doing major camera work, just kept it to the simple stuff.

Heard many horror stories of those cameras breaking, parts being expensive and the like. I just refer out.

Second and main reason? Torn rotator cuff that is priority to keep in good shape, hand jabbing a camera down a drain isn't always simple work, especially if you have to travel 40-80' and your starting point has you going through more than two or three fittings/bends. Now that's fun.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

CRT wins everytime for reliability, durability, longetivity.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                I have been down for nearly 2 months on this and stalling jobs out, I just learned a lesson on this one. Welcome to the jungle!
                Downtime just plain unacceptable.... Spares, spares, spares. I have 2 toolcases, one of the aluminum monitor boxes, 3 reels, and the vivax setup...4 cameras for 2 vans in the field.... two working, one out for repair, one waiting for when the next one breaks... sad, but that is what I've found necessary.

I just lost my monitor also---so instead of dumping aton of money i did this-- bought a cheap laptop--$400--downloaded power producer and power director took connector off junk monitor and wired into a power box--from box ran video cable to laptop---now i use the laptop to record and i can have a dvd burnt in less than 2 minutes . The owner of our company knows the pres of ridgid and the pres wanted to see for himself ---came to our shop last week and i popped a cleanout and camera'd the line as usual and burnt a dvd quick
                he was pretty impressed and i was proud---he then handed me a micro explorer and i was even more proud--moral is you can avoid buying a monitor that is only used for seesnake---i use my laptop for scheduling,internet,seesnaking,this forum---and i did not spend much money---if your not good with wiring take it to a computer geek and tell him what you want it to do----i saved myself a lot of cash and its alot smaller and the picture is better

bought a nice case and it goes everywhere----if you want to know more--pm me -- i will take pics and post them as soon as i figure out how to do it:d:d:d:d:d:d
                put it all up here with pictures, we all want to see it... this is great! please post it for all
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

The DVD/LCD monitors are a joke... We have had nothing but headaches, and no help from Ridgid, no help because they cant correct an inferior product..

Get some "real engineers", and come up with something that is built for sewer inspections not this piecemeal crap..

On that note, some really nice sewer cameras are about to emerge.. If Ridgid doesn't get it together they will no longer be leaders in this field..

Comment

Looking around I think your right about other cameras. Just the nature of economic competition.

CRT while heavier is SO MUCH MORE PROVEN. It's a humongous mistake to decrease reliability on this product. It's equal to me as cheapening the metal on the jaws of their pipe wrench. They'll probably get it straight, but it shouldn't happen in the first place.

The first Micros heads shouldn't have snapped off either.

I plan on buying the Micro Explorer. But not the initial released models.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Camman View Post
                      The DVD/LCD monitors are a joke... We have had nothing but headaches, and no help from Ridgid, no help because they cant correct an inferior product..

Get some "real engineers", and come up with something that is built for sewer inspections not this piecemeal crap..

On that note, some really nice sewer cameras are about to emerge.. If Ridgid doesn't get it together they will no longer be leaders in this field..
                      Yea, I heard that too.........about 5 years ago........still waiting
                      my turtle is facing the wrong direction Go that way--------->>>>>>>
                      Last edited by plumberscrack; 07-26-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camman View Post

josh is now the man in charge of the seesnake line.

since you're new to this forum and josh, i can tell you he is a get it done guy. the old timers here can all vouch for that

josh will get it done

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Yea with Josh in the mix I bet he pushes for a memory card slot built right in the unit.
                          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i would love to show you guys my setup---please tell me how to transfer my pics to here--------rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

i would love to show you guys my setup---please tell me how to transfer my pics to here--------rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                              Rather than doing a "Quick Reply" hit "Post Reply". Before submitting your post you will see a button which says "Manage Attachments". This will bring up a new window where you can make an attachment. If you need to resize the photo to make it fit you can download this program for free:

http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Good luck-Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I basically did the same thing, Works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X