Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seesnake aint that great!

Originally posted by TomSV650 View Post
    I basically did the same thing, Works great.
    Need pics to verify authenticity.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

yeah.. I want to see the pics too!!!

curious.

Josh

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Need pics to verify authenticity.

Comment

I think Ridgid is missing the boat by not just simply making the output from the cam usb compatible. I would much rather feed the video into a laptop than carry around the monitor. I know they sell monitors and recorders so that's probably the rational, but if you had a usb output and an s vid and even a couple r\c outs it would sure make the system a whole lot more versitile.
        sigpic

Comment

I was just about to go do a drain inspection on a large complex this morning but the weather man says light showers and since it is outside area drains I am too scared to use my monitor. But heck it hardly rains in Seattle
          Used it all day didn't shut off so now I am passed the cinderella stage with it lol
          Last edited by Cuda; 07-30-2008, 12:05 AM.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I feel you are spoilt in the U.S. with the choice of sewerage cameras etc and what you pay for them as you have had them for so long, they have only come to the fore in price in Australia over the last five years I was a bit apprehensive when I bought my seesnake earlier this year with the size of the LCD monitor and DVD recorder and how it would stand up to the battering of carrying on my truck and the setting up, but find it to be sturdier than I thought but what really sold me was that it was a Ridgid and if something went wrong I could get it fixed and that is what counts in business yes there were other cameras, but what are their track records when you need a repair, my seesnake has turned out to be a gold mine as a picture is worth a thousand words.
            Ridgid should keep the same design but update it with a hard drive as well as the DVD recorder and the RCA connections and install USB connections as well keeping in mind that older versions like mine can be retrofitted with the new upgrades.

Tony

Comment

taking pics now---will post 2nite

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                taking pics now---will post 2nite

I know I'm new around here...but this was posted several days ago..where are the pics?

I'm in the market to buy a seesnake or similar system, really don't want to put the money down on something that is not sturdy.

Comment

The seesnake is a sturdy unit best there is actually, the pic was a power box that allowed you to use a laptop as the monitor.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorP View Post
                    I know I'm new around here...but this was posted several days ago..where are the pics?

I'm in the market to buy a seesnake or similar system, really don't want to put the money down on something that is not sturdy.
                    I'm still waiting, also.
                    YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

trust me, I use one and I`m hard on stuff...
                      I love mine and it loves me back with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I`s show you pic`s of mine but then I`d have to kill ya

I don't use a ridgid monitor, I use a cheap TV and hook my DVR/DVDR up to it and my laptop
                      Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-15-2008, 09:36 PM.
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

For those of you still waiting on this thread

he started a separate thread a couple weeks ago.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...light=seesnake

Josh

Comment

I live in New Zealand, because the local Ridgid agents price for a Seesnake and Navitrac was around 45,000 NZ dollars I imported my Seesnake from the US, around 2.5 years ago and paid $27,000 NZ. I have had no problems up until about a week ago when the FleXmitter stopped transmitting.
                          I emailed Ridgid Tech Services in the US and this was the reply:

Mike,

If the Flexmitter will no longer emit a signal, and you are positive that it is being activated on the monitor, it will need to be replaced. You can make arrangements to send the Flexmitter to our Factory Service Center and we can replace it with a new one for about half the price of ordering a new Flexmitter from your dealer. This is contingent upon the Flexmitter not being cut or severed in any way.

The Ridge Tool Co
                          Technical Service Dept.

I thought this was a pretty good deal, considering it isn't cut or severed in anyway.
                          As I use my system every day doing work for the local council and was wanting a quick turn around I replied....;

Thanks , I live in New Zealand, I purchased and imported my SeeSnake from an dealer in the US, My question is: will I need to send the Flexmitter to your US Factory or do you have an agent in NZ that I can do the swap with,

thanks again Mike.

The upshot is that after initially refusing to help me, the local agent after being pressured offered me a replacement for over $2000 NZ. Obviously, if this is half price as the deal was the local agent wants over $4000 NZ.

This is a total rip off considering I can buy a new one for $608 US and with the adding on exchange rate difference, of $30 per $100 that's about $780 NZ (we don't pay import duty)

Anyway I emailed Tech Services US and asked if I can send my FleXmitter to them and pay for the half price one, that was a couple of days ago, I haven't received a response and somehow I dont expect one, last time I buy Ridgid if this is so.
                          I thought Ridgid was a a reputable company

Comment

Originally posted by riveroil View Post
                            I live in New Zealand, because the local Ridgid agents price for a Seesnake and Navitrac was around 45,000 NZ dollars I imported my Seesnake from the US, around 2.5 years ago and paid $27,000 NZ. I have had no problems up until about a week ago when the FleXmitter stopped transmitting.
                            I emailed Ridgid Tech Services in the US and this was the reply:

Mike,

If the Flexmitter will no longer emit a signal, and you are positive that it is being activated on the monitor, it will need to be replaced. You can make arrangements to send the Flexmitter to our Factory Service Center and we can replace it with a new one for about half the price of ordering a new Flexmitter from your dealer. This is contingent upon the Flexmitter not being cut or severed in any way.

The Ridge Tool Co
                            Technical Service Dept.

I thought this was a pretty good deal, considering it isn't cut or severed in anyway.
                            As I use my system every day doing work for the local council and was wanting a quick turn around I replied....;

Thanks , I live in New Zealand, I purchased and imported my SeeSnake from an dealer in the US, My question is: will I need to send the Flexmitter to your US Factory or do you have an agent in NZ that I can do the swap with,

thanks again Mike.

The upshot is that after initially refusing to help me, the local agent after being pressured offered me a replacement for over $2000 NZ. Obviously, if this is half price as the deal was the local agent wants over $4000 NZ.

This is a total rip off considering I can buy a new one for $608 US and with the adding on exchange rate difference, of $30 per $100 that's about $780 NZ (we don't pay import duty)

Anyway I emailed Tech Services US and asked if I can send my FleXmitter to them and pay for the half price one, that was a couple of days ago, I haven't received a response and somehow I dont expect one, last time I buy Ridgid if this is so.
                            My God I thought I was ripped off paying $18,000.00 for my Seesnake Plus LCD monitor with DVD recorder and my Scout but $45,000.00 in NZ and $27,000.00 in the US you sure you haven`t made a typing error as your dollar carn`t be that far out of wack with the Aussie
                            Isn`t there a Ridgid dealer in NZ.?

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by riveroil View Post
                              They are probably trying to figure out how to make the exchange work. I'll check with Mike (in tech service not you ;-) and see what the status is.

Josh

Comment

riveroil, I went down to TechService and they gave me the rundown on your service issue. They have been working on it. There are 5 folks involved with working out the solution on this one. There is some delay in getting your course of action back to you because of the huge difference in time zones. (Coordinating with our folks over seas and them getting back to us)

Rest assured it is and has been being worked on.

Josh

Comment

Working...
                                X