Seesnake aint that great!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seesnake aint that great!

Just got my LCD DVD monitor back for the second time Have to pay $1400 plus sum change, no warranty moisture in the monitor screen right no way!
    I take serious care of it since it cost so much, I was using it last (1 1/2 months ago service took this long) in no rain and it just went out while using it. I have not posted about it until now thinking ridgid would do the right thing. But now all this time later they blast me for $1500 bucks wow. Moral of the story the LCD / DVD aint that great I wish I would have kept my CRT/ VCR and just converted to dvd at home. Because if it go moisture in it ,, it will happen again based on the design and sealing. I am pissed on this.
    Seattle Drain Service

Re: Seesnake aint that great!

I couldn't help but notice this the other day on the seesnake "lifetime" warranty:

What is Not Covered

Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. Ridge Tool shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.

In other words, if you use it don't expect us to warrant it because you caused normal wear & tear. Rip, rip, rippity rip!
    spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

I started getting into drain cleaning again and was thinking of purchasing one, but with what was just pointed out, I may have to go a different route with General or Spartan.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
        I started getting into drain cleaning again and was thinking of purchasing one, but with what was just pointed out, I may have to go a different route with General or Spartan.
        that would be a big mistake

i'm sure josh will look into the situation.

i had a similar issue with a nextel phone. the tech showed me a spot requiring a magnifying glass to see. after the manager saw what i was complained about, he made good on it.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Well I have been very happy with the seesnake themselfs They are rugged units, I think I just should not have maybe got the DVD /LCD unit as my monitor system if they aren't sealed very well. I am just scared it will happen again when I didn't get it wet in the first place. My vcr/crt never had a problem. But I sold it to buy the DVD/LCD
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            that would be a big mistake

i'm sure josh will look into the situation.

i had a similar issue with a nextel phone. the tech showed me a spot requiring a magnifying glass to see. after the manager saw what i was complained about, he made good on it.

rick.
            Don't you think "normal wear and tear" is too big of a grey area when it comes to warranty? Would you buy a car that gave you a warranty of 5/60 but didnt include normal wear and tear? That is not too promising.

Comment

Don't you think "normal wear and tear" is too big of a grey area when it comes to warranty? Would you buy a car that gave you a warranty of 5/60 but didnt include normal wear and tear? That is not too promising.
              The car warranties don't include normal wear and tear though. Your tires or brakes are shot, you need new ones they don't pay for that. I agree with you though about the RIDGID warranty. They should expect plumbing equipment to occasionally wet without dieing.

Comment

Only problem I see is that Ridgid weakened their product in this area. Reliability, reliability, reliability is the MOST important factor in the tools we use in my opinion.

Are you listening Micro Explorer team? Take this new tool-to-be-released and really try to find a weakness. Put it through the paces of everyday work before releasing it.

I don't want warranty work. Just don't want things to break in the first place.

J.C.

Comment

One bad critique is not reason enough to steer away from a product imo. Good, bad or indifferent about ridgid, one thing i can say is they're customer service is only passed by hilti. A strong service department is a big reason why I'll go to one brand over another. Try general's customer service and see how well you make out.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    The car warranties don't include normal wear and tear though. Your tires or brakes are shot, you need new ones they don't pay for that. I agree with you though about the RIDGID warranty. They should expect plumbing equipment to occasionally wet without dieing.

What if your transmission failed and they told you it was from normal wear and tear. It is just a real big grey area.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      One bad critique is not reason enough to steer away from a product imo. Good, bad or indifferent about ridgid, one thing i can say is they're customer service is only passed by hilti. A strong service department is a big reason why I'll go to one brand over another. Try general's customer service and see how well you make out.
                      Didn't say I was going one way or another. I wouldnt be too happy if I decide to spend that kind of money and I was told this or that is not covered due to normal wear and tear? I dont have any experience with with eithers customer service but I remember quite a few posts here with regulars complaining about Ridgids customer service.

Comment

Rut Roh! Heat is on!
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Didn't say I was going one way or another. I wouldnt be too happy if I decide to spend that kind of money and I was told this or that is not covered due to normal wear and tear? I dont have any experience with with eithers customer service but I remember quite a few posts here with regulars complaining about Ridgids customer service.
                          I got the wrong impression of what you were trying to say. English is my second language. I do agree that water should be expected and the monitor protected as such.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the blow to the wallet Cuda. The reason you posted is why my company will not buy a seesnake. The boss is afraid Ridgid will not take care of any issues that may arise.

I just wish my company would buy any seesnake. Every time I bring up purchasing one they look at me like a red headed step child.
                            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I just lost my monitor also---so instead of dumping aton of money i did this-- bought a cheap laptop--$400--downloaded power producer and power director took connector off junk monitor and wired into a power box--from box ran video cable to laptop---now i use the laptop to record and i can have a dvd burnt in less than 2 minutes . The owner of our company knows the pres of ridgid and the pres wanted to see for himself ---came to our shop last week and i popped a cleanout and camera'd the line as usual and burnt a dvd quick
                              he was pretty impressed and i was proud---he then handed me a micro explorer and i was even more proud--moral is you can avoid buying a monitor that is only used for seesnake---i use my laptop for scheduling,internet,seesnaking,this forum---and i did not spend much money---if your not good with wiring take it to a computer geek and tell him what you want it to do----i saved myself a lot of cash and its alot smaller and the picture is better

bought a nice case and it goes everywhere----if you want to know more--pm me -- i will take pics and post them as soon as i figure out how to do it:d:d:d:d:d:d

Comment

Working...
                              X