drumroll please--seesnake jr

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: drumroll please--seesnake jr

Jason, are you able to power the transmitter with this?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Me or plumberjr? If you're talking about me, it's G17 classified. I've said enough already.
      Yeah, you! As soon as I hit submit post, I knew you were gonna tell me that. Whatever!
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Just thought about this realistically. Cost of lcd/seesnake monitor-3700. Cost of plane ticket to ohio, laptop, and parts for jrmonitor deluxe is roughly 1700. Seems like a no brainer to me. JC, can you smell what I'm stepping in?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm always listening & learning. Thanks for the lessons.

J.C.

Comment

OK so now for the reverse engineering...

Here is what I see.

1. a 110V to 12-19VDC power supply this powers the camera head
            2. the black box provides the power out interface and the signal in interface ( camera to USB)
            3. The laptop is only recieving the signal from the camera (does not power anything)
            4. The video capture software is responsible for the USB interface and the signal decoding.

I bet a USB 2.0 video capture box with a few mods will do it... Thank you so much for the Pics it has made all of the difference for me

Comment

I'll bet Josh, the newly appointed Director of Seesnakes, is sayin' "greaaaat" just about now!

Great job plumberjr! Very impressive! I can't wait to turn my IT guy on to the idea!

Thanks!
              spodelee

Until lions have their own storytellers, stories of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Bill, I am not, nor never have tried to supress information. for some reason the way the images were attached didnt work.

I wanted to see these as bad as you guys.

[Original post Fixed... also added one other pic that wasnt in there]

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                  The internet is a great place but not the place to attempt to supress information....

Plumberjr: Do you happen to have the ridgid camera cable pin-outs? If so would you mind posting them... Once the pin-outs are known it is a pretty easy process

I hope this is just a simple server error that is preventing the images from being displayed...
                  Last edited by Josh; 08-01-2008, 07:30 AM.

Comment

All show and no substance anyone can put a laptop on a Ridgid carton and connect a couple of wires and show a sewer inspection on the screen let us see the specs and a wire diagram of the wiring to the camera and powering of it????????????/.

Tony

Comment

I never had a doubt in my mind Josh about the blocking of the pics. If anything this solidified my positive feelings even more about the forum. A company will let someone post working information that could potentially drop their sales tells me a lot about the character of Ridgid. Thanks
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm also glad it was only a server error

It would have been completly out of character for it to be intentional considering some of the past topics..

A SCHM of the black box would be nice to see though I think I can draw one out from what I have seen.

Comment

before you duplicate this,send the check to me--maybe i am marketing, or patenting????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
                          hey, aussie, here in the U.S.A WE DONT B.S.--we are the real deal--would you give out the schem. if you made this???? i dont think so-----

to all---ill post more info as i can

Comment

Originally posted by plumberjr View Post
                            before you duplicate this,send the check to me--maybe i am marketing, or patenting????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
                            hey, aussie, here in the U.S.A WE DONT B.S.--we are the real deal--would you give out the schem. if you made this???? i dont think so-----

to all---ill post more info as i can
                            I don't blame you one bit.
                            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well Done!

I nominate this for post of the year.

I misunderstood your original post in that you've done away with ridgid's controller altogether.... I'd thought you were just using the pc as a stand in for the monitor.

some questions;

first a repeat of someone else's; can you power up the locator sonde with this?

camera reel plugs right into your box... I assume you made that box, bought a connector to mate with the reel, put a video capture device in it,etc... right? could a din plug be added as alternate vid input?

runs off 110 ac? 12vdc an option?

how do you record sound? plug in an external mic? is that what the yellow plug going into your box is?

What-all's in that jumble of wires rubber banded together?

You want to build me one of these? or prefer to endure my questions as I attempt to duplicate it myself?
                              Last edited by Ace Sewer; 08-02-2008, 03:02 PM.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by spodelee View Post
                                I'll bet Josh, the newly appointed Director of Seesnakes, is sayin' "greaaaat" just about now!

Great job plumberjr! Very impressive! I can't wait to turn my IT guy on to the idea!

Thanks!
                                Josh is no dummy. He's recognized the need to move from vhs to digital and been nothing but forthcoming with interim third party solutions. I'm confident that with his help Ridgid will present us with a solution of inherent value, not just proprietary mumbo-jumbo.

In the meantime, plumberjr has created an excellent alternative for those of us who won't wait for Ridgid to get a solution to market. I'm pleased and a little surprised to see the rare level of corporate enlightenment that will let this be posted on their site. That can recognize that this is not competition, it is cooperation and collaboration, and that Ridgid can only benefit from it. It takes rare vision to see that NOT engaging in turf war over something like this is the intelligent and constructive move.
                                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X